Don Adams

Don Adams Fan Reviews (5)

• Would you believe?

Don Adams
    1923-2005

My ninth grade drama class attended a city drama festival where we competed against drama classes from all over the city. The highlight of the festival was a special guest who came on stage to read the name of winning team in the "Group Improvisation" competition. The special guest was Don Adams who was greeted with a standing ovation that lasted for five minutes. When the crowd quieted down Mr. Adams said three simple words, "Would you believe?" and the crowd went into another five-minute standing ovation.

I was a fan of Mr. Adams before that special event and an even bigger fan after. Everyone has been expressing how much he or she loved "Get Smart", "Tennessee Tuxedo" and "Inspector Gadget", but no one has mentioned one of my favorite shows Don Adams' Screen Test.

Good Night Mr. Adams.
    I wanted to shake your hand that day but I missed you by that much.

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa
  • He was great as Maxwell Smart.

He in the series 'Maxwell Smart' played a bumbling spy. He lived in a house that was filled with gadgets. That if he pressed the wrong button would do something very funny. He drove around in convertibles. When he went to his office he would go inside a phone booth as shown in the opening sequence. He fell in love with his co-star Barbara Felden and ruined the wedding. One of my favorite episodes was the birth of the babies. He was fighting the bad guys right in the middle of the hospital. When the doctor would come out and announce one was born he would stop mid fight and shake hands and give out cigars. It was a great show. He played Maxwell Smart to perfection.
  • "Would you believe, one of the best?"

Don Adams was one the greatest comedic actors ever. His acting in Get Smart earned him 3 awards, and well deserved too. Get Smart Season 1 is scheduled to release early next year. I am looking forward to it's release and I'm sorry that Mr. Adams will not be around to see it. It's release, "Missed him by that much". He pulled "the old die at 82 trick" & he'll be missed.
  • I loved him in Get Smart and Inspector Gadget. He'll be missed.

When I was young, I loved watching Get Smart and Inspector Gadget. Don Adams was a key reason behind my love of GS, and THE reason I enjoyed IG. His voice was so distinct and enjoyable. I loved imitating it, as I'm sure many others did. May he rest in peace.
  • One of the all time greatest example of a spy.

When I was a young kid living in Coe-Des Neige montreal. I was always interested in becomig an action adventure spy. One of my all time greatest spy idols was Maxwell Smart, agent 86. Where did they get that term from,"86 that!"?

I think they should make a modern day Movie based on the funniest spy before Austin Powers.