Don Knotts

Don Knotts Fan Reviews (7)

• Lovable great sidekick!

Sad to hear that Don Knotts passed away
    He was one of the all-time greats
    Nobody will ever, ever, replace him
    If they make a movie on Mayberry, and I hope and pray that they don't, his lovable Barney Fife is indeed irreplacable
    He is now gone to the greater skies
    May the Lord bless Don and his great comedy in the eighty-one years he was on the earth
    God bless you Don and Thanks!
  • He'll always be Barney Fife to me.

Don Knotts. What can you say about this great, talented funny man? Well for me, I thought he was great as Barney Fife on "The Andy Griffith Show". Don did a superb job as the beloved television character and you just wished you could have known someone like that. As Barney, he always brought a smile to my face with how he always jumped to conclusions to Andy's personal life with Helen. And as for his portrayal of Ralph Furley on "Three's Company", that was as memorable a portrayal as Barney, mainly because I felt that Don brought some of Barney to that role. In all, Don was a great actor and will truly be missed. He will always be Barney Fife to me.
  • He'll always be remembered.

Don Knotts is a really great actor. He first started as Minor charecters like the shoe shiner in Move Over Darling. The he became Barney fife on Andy Griffith. The in 1965 he quit the Andy Griffith show to be in movies. He played in Mr. Limpet, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, The reluntant Astronaut, The Love God, The Shakiest Gun in the West, No Deposit No return, Gus, and How to Frame a Figg in which he created. He also starred in 3's Company and geust starred in Matlock one of andy Griffith's shows. He also starred in the Apple Dumpling Game, and the sequel to it. He also played with Tim Conway in Pleasantville. Don Knotts got older and did less acting. He then played Turkey Lurkey in Chicken Little. That was his last movie. And then in 2006 he died in a hospital on Febuary 25. He was one of the greatest actors of our time. He will become a legend someday and he is right now. He will be remembered for a long time and his movies will be laughed at for many generations to come. If you have seen the Andy griffith Show and liked his promermance and haven't seen his movies take my advice and watch the movies I referenced in this review. You will like every movie in this review gurenteed. Well Thanks for Reading my review and as I said, "Don Knotts will always be remembered, and his movies will be laughed at for many generations" Rest In Peace Jesse Donald Knotts.
  • he is a funny and talented actor

Don Knotts is a great actor he has been in so many movies and tv shows, Like The Andy Griffith Show, Matlock, The Reluctant Astronout, The Ghost and Mr. Chicken, and a couple of scooby doo cartoons. He has a great personality and him and andy griffith are great together, I watch Matlock and The Andy Griffith Show once in a while, seeing how those two have such a great history together and are such great friends shows that true friendship knows no boundries.
  • Great actor.

Mr.Furley was my favorite character on Three's Company.I think he played that character perfectly.I havn't seen him in all that many shows,but the ones that he did play in,i think he played the all the characters he did perfectly.Three's Company being my favorite show that he played in,as the landlord.I think he preety well made the show a good one,other then John Ritter that played as one of the main characters.Its too bad that he died,but he lived a pretty long life i guess.81 years old...I think he should of lived longer then that,so he could of made more people laugh.He was good at doing that...
  • Why do we love Barney?

When I heard the news of Don Knotts’ passing, I thought what can be said about this man that has not been said already or will be said in the days ahead. Many people consider Barney Fife to be the greatest comedic character in the history of television. Prior to playing Barney Fife on The Andy Griffith Show Mr. Knotts played the nervous Mr. Morrison on The Steve Allen Show. Mr. Morrison’s initials were related to his occupation. For example K.B. Morrison’s job was to place the pins in hand grenades. When asked what the initials stood for, Mr. Morrison replied, "Kaa Boom!" Steve Allen would ask Mr. Morrison if he was nervous and always got the quick one word reply, "No!!!" In 1979, Mr. Knotts joined the cast of Three's Company as the new landlord Ralph Furley. I even remember seeing Mr. Knotts pulling pranks with Allen Funt on Candid Camera but Don Knotts will always be remembered best as Barney Fife.

Why do we love Barney? There are many great comedic characters on TV, but many of these comedic characters went to a farcical extreme. Some even dropped I.Q. points for the sake of a joke. Andy Griffith felt that the integrity of Mayberry’s citizens was more important than a punch line. I think there is a lot of Barney in all of us. We may strive to be like Andy Taylor, act like Andy Taylor and may even fool ourselves into thinking that we are Andy Taylor. But we are really are Barney Fife full of good intentions but with a bullet in our pocket. The same integrity of the Barney character allowed Don Knotts to play the serious moments as well.

I only met Don Knotts once. It was at a local art store where he was having a picture framed. This was on same day that Return to Mayberry was to air. Everyone in the store had to approach Mr. Knotts to tell him how much he or she loves his work and that they would be watching the Mayberry Reunion that night. I’m sure he was in a hurry but he took the time to thank everyone for his or her kind words.

Good Night Mr. Knotts, see you at the fishing hole.

To quote Barney Fife & Andy Taylor
    Barney Fife: The last big buy was my mom's and dad's anniversary present.
    Andy Taylor: What'd ya get 'em?
    Barney Fife: A septic tank.
    Andy Taylor: For their anniversary?
    Barney Fife: They're awful hard to buy for. Besides, it was something they could use. They were really thrilled. It had two tons of concrete in it. All steel reinforced.
    Andy Taylor: You're a fine son, Barn.
    Barney Fife: I try.

Stay Tuned

Tony Figueroa
  • He was a hilarious and extremely talented actor.

I CAN'T BELIEVE HE'S DEAD!!!! *cry* I about cried when I heard, but I was too surprised. I knew he was old. XD He lead a very fullfilling. He was so successful and so talented. My favorite role of his was the spaztic Barney Fife on the 60's sitcom The Andy Griffith Show. Barney was my favorite character on that show. He's one of the main reasons the show was so funny. I was so sad when he left about the time the color episodes started to air. The show just wasn't the same. *sigh* Oh well. I'll miss Don Knotts. There'll never be another actor quite like him ever again.