Don Messick

Don Messick Fan Reviews (2)

• An amazing voice.

Until today, I didn't realize that Don Messick was the voice of some of my favourite characters in some of the cartoons I loved to watch, including Scooby-Doo, Bam Bam, and Astro. Looking back at when I used to watch all of these shows on Saturday mornings, I never put together that everything was voiced by the same man. Now that I know this, I can't help but love him for encouraging me to open my heart and love the characters he portrayed (in a way). I really believe that he will live on in everyone's hearts as his loveable characters and as himself.
  • One of the pioneers in cartoon voice overs.

Don Messick was one of the first actors to lend his voice to an animated series for television with Hanna Barbara's Ruff 'n Ready series. Don did the voice of the cat Ready and several other characters on the program. Don went on to do many other voices and his best known character was Scooby Doo. Don had an amazing talent for doing multiple characters in one show and would often do the lines one after another switching from one character to another. This sometimes led to confusion with the director. Sadly, Don passed away in 1997 and joined the list of other great voice actors who have passed on.