Drea de Matteo

Drea de Matteo Fan Reviews (5)

• Great actress, some what funny, and should be in another show other than The Sopranos.

WHO IS SHE?:

The 29-year-old former Catholic school girl from Queens graduated from film school at NYU's competitive Tisch School of the Arts (where she took Spanish with Rush Hour director Brett Ratner). Before her acting career took off, the avid Black Sabbath devotee tattered, studded and laced vintage rock and roll T-shirts to sell in her boyfriend's store. Still a bona fide rock and roll chick, Drea (pronounced "Dray") has her leather clothes custom-made by girlfriend AGAFA, who also creates clothes for Steven Tyler and Joan Jett. She lives in an East Village walk-up with her two Great Danes, Cyril and Lucille, and two cats, Treble and Bass -- a testament to her love of rock and roll.

WHAT HAS SHE DONE?:

You've seen her in the recurring role of ambitious Jersey high-hair Adrianna, girlfriend of Mafioso-in-training Christopher, on HBO's The Sopranos. This season, beginning January 16, she joins Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falco and James Gandolfini as a full-fledged cast member. Before Adrianna, Drea did a couple of indie films -- Meet Prince Charming is the only one out on videotape. Later this year, she's got a small but critical role as an ill-fated state trooper in John Stimpsons' The Gentleman From Boston, described as a "Bay State Mr. Smith Goes to Washington."

WHY DO WE CARE?:

• empty

Drea de Matteo is really a talented actress. In every role she really makes you believe that she actually is the character she's portraying. This sense of realism is what makes her really stand out above the masses of the rest of actresses today. My favorite movie of her's is "Swordfish."
  • Awesome In the show Joey

You've seen her in the recurring role of ambitious Jersey high-hair Adrianna, girlfriend of Mafioso-in-training Christopher, on HBO's The Sopranos. This season, beginning January 16, she joins Lorraine Bracco, Edie Falco and James Gandolfini as a full-fledged cast member. Before Adrianna, Drea did a couple of indie films. The vivacious, 5'6", brown-eyed seductress from Queens may play the statuesque American beauty in movies, but in real life she's a fun-loving, dyed-in-the-wool, rock and roll girl, fond of tattoos and Winstons. You've gotta love a woman who wears a skin-tight, floor-length leather dress to the stodgy Emmy Awards.
  • A talented person

I think her true potential was out with Joey. She plays bigmouth, radical woman who has realized the parent responsibilities in Joey. Her appearance fits perfectly with character. She does not do much with her facial expressions, but her acting is good. I have seen many episodes of Joey and very episode of Sopranos. She plays a bit different role in Sopranos, but I believe her acting is really good in that.

In Joey she plays stubborn sister Joey while she being single mother. She portrays a woman who has mixed personality as responsible woman who can sometimes turn into very sexual or jovial person.
  • She just has a look which i love and can\'t get enough of.

She doesn\'t appear in much be shew looks stunning in whichever show or film she does appear in.

I first saw her in Joey, and although the show was absolutely abismal - I watched in none the less just for her (despite being portrayed as a bit of a tart).

Since Joey left the UK terrestrial TV, i unfortunately lost track of her and now can\'t remember how her actual performance was except for the slight mischivous grin that she has. I can easily recall her gorgeous face and body in an instance - which i don\'t mind at all.

I\'m quite fond of ladies senior to myself and she is definately close to number 1 of MILFs.