Eddie Murphy

Eddie Murphy Fan Reviews (22)

• Great for laugharound, but for cryptic comedy stuff and seriousness. No. But he's supposed to be a comedian!

He gets a bad critic from his movie because it's just plain, but plain in a GOOD way for me. He's mostly funny for me, knows how to pull ironic jokes and puns that works good very well! He may be stereotypical, in his own race! That's okay for me. Kudos to this guy.
  • There are those that act and real actors...

I consider Eddie Murphy a real actor. He can take several different personas and make the separately real, including different genders, which is no easy task. And his voice is great for animation, it's so alive and full of intensity. "Meet Dave," is one of my favorite movies. I love the giant robot/ship. Great story. Some of my other favorite Eddie Murphy Movies are; all of the "Shrek" movies, "Norbit," "Daddy Day Care," "Haunted Mansion," "Dr. Doolittle," "Nutty Professor," "48 Hours," "Golden Child," "Pluto Nash," "Coming to America," "Trading Place." And of course, "Saturday Night Live." I think he was pretty daring as a comedian, bringing to life attitudes and beliefs that most people might think about, but were not likely to say.
  • He's a great comedian no matter what people say.

Edward Regen Murphy, or simply "Eddie Murphy" is a great actor, & comedian. Even though his most recent movies haven't been that great, he will always be one of my favorites. He's dated actresses such as Halle Berry, Robin Givens, Whitney Houston, Nicole Mitchell (then married her), Tracey Edmonds, & Melanie Brown (whom he got pregnant). Even though he denied being the father of her child, he isn't a bad guy at all. He's a very nice guy, & is very funny. Hopefully, Eddie can turn his career around with some of his upcoming movies (look at them on IMDB). "A Thousand Words", seems interesting. He has influenced many comedians such as Chris Rock & Dave Chapelle. Overall, a great guy, actor, & comedian.
  • He's got a couple of good films, but some of his films are a little too plotless for me.

I enjoy watching Eddie Murphy's films. He is a great comedian and actor. I love watching the Beverly Hills Cop series over and over. What sets him apart, though, is his ability to play several different characters in his movies. In the Nutty Professor, he played at least five characters, and his most recent movie, Norbit, was good too. I didn't know he was the Mr. Wong until the end. His ability to wear costumes like that is one of a kind. I can't wait to see more from him. Murphy has a great comedic timing as well. I can't wait to see more from him.
  • Eddie Murphy is living proof of how talentless one comedy actor can be.

1.5
    Well where do you start with Eddie Murphy? Talentless, arrogant, idiotic? He's also had this reputation and not surprising he's lived up to it for over twenty years with one bad films over another: "Daddy Day Care", "Nutty Professor", "I-Spy", "Dr. Doolittle", "Norbit". It's funny when one person (who really didn't know much about movies) told me how great Eddie Murphy was he had to go back nearly twenty years to come up with what was considered a hit yet had no response for the present failures that's he's done (go figure). Another user who've I've asked the same question said it better (takihg into account Eddie's past and present history) "he's becoming an unfunny joke".

Murphy's career on paper looks like one of those 15 minutes of fame type of deals. Now in 2008 his failures stick out now more than ever as Eddie resurrects the same stupid characters over and over again. Worst yet is that these characters themselves and movie itself isn't funny. Take Norbit for example the movie was a critical failure and even black themselves have shown their disgust for not only Eddie's poor performances but his continued ability to shame the black community. Robert Entman who wrote the "The Black Image In The White Mind: Media And Race In America" said that "There is no excuse for him to lend his prestige to something like this." Of course why this untalented comedian lends himself to this is quite clear the allmight dollar (so much for being a rolemodel).

Speaking of which, he's had two failed marriages at last count and he's decided of late to put off meeting his latest child. There's nothing good to say about him. He's always had this reputation for being overrated except now it's more apparent than ever with failure after failure, poor performance after poor performence, lack of any real story after another, and critical reception of his garbage films. Again the good news is that most people now see him as he really just a terrible actor, comedian who really deserves no mention at all.
  • Hillarious

You have to see much more than 4 movies to truly see his a exceptional talent. He's a great actor and a much more great comedian. Have you seen his stand-ups? He's freakinh hillarious!!! After watching two of his stand-ups I wan a true fan of his.. and began to watch all of his movies. He's a genius in comedy.. And ii is a shame he doesn't do anymore stand ups.. He will be hillarious (as always of course). Anyway, I have only praise words for him.. I love him. He makes me laugh every time I watch one of his movies. Thumbs up Eddie!!!
  • Can't stand that stupid laugh!!!!

7.3
    I'm not very fond of Eddie Murphy. I think he is highly overrated and his movies are given way to much hype. I have not found any of his films very much appealing. The only two things I like Eddie Murphy in is, Mulan and the Shrek films. If anything I do have to admit that he is a great voice actor. He does have a very strong voice that has much presence and charisma. He should be in more animated projects. I would definetely see them. However, I do believe he is not much of an actor. He's not very good. He's very unbelieveable. He plays all is roles the same way. To be a good actor you have to make the audience believe you are someone else. The person in the role. Everytime I see one of Eddie Murphy's films I only see Eddie Murphy. His characters are always lost in his own persona. Not a very talented actor I think.
  • Great voice actor

Eddie Murphy is one of the greatest voice actors ever. I like the way he plays the voice of Donkey on the 'Shrek' movies. He also played the role of many people's voices in other movies, but I do not know them. He was also a star in 'Shrek the 3rd'. I like Eddie in some of the shows he stars in like the shows on MTV. I can't believe he also made an appearance on "CMT Insider", even though he's not a country music artist. I remember Eddie's shows on "The Late Night Show with David Letterman". He was an awesome actor!

Verry funny actor.
  • better as an actor, great for kids on the clean level, can reach everyone, a Black man that easily fits into the White mainstream.

I really had no taste for his stand-up comedy, mostly because of his constant cursing. SNL put him on the map for me however. His acting, starting with Beverly Hills Cop made him my shooting star. Definitely his acting and taste was putting him up there. His singing, let's forget about. His personal life, well after hearing about bonking the Spice Girl, definitely a ladies man.
  • empty

Eddie Murphy is comedy. His acting and flexibility in his roles transcends all comprehension. While I do enjoy his movies, I do think it's a little egotistical for him to play every part in so many of his movies.
  • empty

A cool and funny actor who has a lot of amazing comedies behind him, is definitely one of those never-to-forget comedians. I love Eddie's work, he is an amazing actor and I am looking forward to any new movie. The only thing that is a bit strange about him is that I really can't see him in a serious role. He is destined to be a comedian. Or at least it's what I think.
  • empty

He is a cool actor and he has been in some cool movies and I think that his style is somehow funny, though some of his fun jokes are sometimes strange. I really think that he has a lot of potential, but of course, sometimes he ends up in some wrong movies.
  • empty

The only movie I have ever truely liked him in is Shrek, and you can't even see him. When he acts, it makes me think that he is 8 years old. In Shrek, his role Donkey is my favourite!
  • Wow!

Eddie, I believe that you are wonderfully gifted from above to be an actor as you are. I have followed your acting career for the past 10 years and am excited everytime you come out with a new movie. I have met one of your writers who works very closely with you on upcoming projects and respect you not just as a professional but also as an everyday person. I cannot wait to see your new movie Norbit. It sounds as so as it will be hilarious! Keep up the good work and hope to see you many years to come on the big screen.
  • Talented, and definely funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eddie murphy, from metro to docter dolittle. he's just great, funny and talented. one of my favorites. he's also very handsome, enjoy watching comedies with him in them,yea this man is something else, will have you laughing all day, i really loved him in "coming to America". boy, was that funny!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Hes just great!

Eddie Murphy is like so funny to me and with all of his comedie movies like Dr. Dolittle, that just made me laugh. Especially the movie Daddy Daycare, that is one of my favorite movies because it was so funny and in that movie Eddie Murphy was just so funny and so talented! He is a great actor! :)
  • A great and hilarious actor.

Eddie Murphy has been known to be in movies such as "The Nutty Professor" and the sequel, both "Shrek" movies, "Mulan" ,"Dr. Doolittle" and the sequel, and more. He is very funny and can be funny without even trying. He has a great and hilarious voice. All of the above movies are great, too, and he helps make them enjoyable. I hope that he continues starring in films for a while. Overall, talented, has a great voice, and is funny.
    9.7/10.
    ~Pharaoh2.
  • Eddie Murphy

This guy has to be one of the funniest people around today. I like his films such as Nutty Professor 1 and 2, Doctor Dolittle 1 and 2, Haunted Mansion, Daddy Day Care and the Beverly Hills cop movies. This guy is a great actor too despite all the swearing he does.
  • This huy is hilarious!

I have seen quite a few Eddie Murphy movies. The ones I have seen are Dr. Dolittle, Dr. Dolittle 2, Shrek, Shrek 2, and the Haunted Mansion. I think he is funny in every single last one of them. I can not wait for Shrek 3, Shrek 4, and Dr. Dolittle 3. This guy is funny.
  • One of the greatest actors ever.

Eddie Murphy is great in all directions, especially when it comes to comedy. he was funny in Dr. Dolittle (1 and 2), and very funny in Shrek (1 and 2). He had his own show, the PJ's, and he played in kids' movies. He'll probably be better in Shrek 3, where he'll be even funnier. I hope he does more acting.
  • a great actor in many movies like dr.dolittle.

a great actor who is a voice of shrek and shrek 2. acted in movies like Dr.dolittle which was very funny i give it a 2 thumbs up. i mean how many people can talk to animals in a movie. some people or actors were inspried by him. he encourage his friend martin laurnce to act in kids movies.