Edward James Olmos

Edward James Olmos Fan Reviews (10)

• Truly gifted and talented actor.

I remember first seeing Edward James Olmos playing Gaff in Blade Runner. He was a great bad Guy, you just wanted to slap the smirk right off his face. Then he played Lt. Martin Castillo, back when Miami Vice was in its first run. He had a screen presence even then. He he made Stand and Deliver, (he was a middle class guy that quits a good job to teach math to intercity toughs) with still casted Miami Vice. In 1995 he took on what I consider to be one of his best roles as Paco in Mi Familia. It was a great performance in a high underrated movie. He's made many other appearances in to following years, but I think his portrayal of Commander, now Admiral, William Adama is the culmination of a life time of good performances. He plays character in a demon haunted world, that must continually find his balance of humanity. His character has to frequently send people to their deaths and must continue on as if he had never done such a thing. Olmos pulls it off with understated elegance. His eyes say more in many scenes than he ever utters. I couldn't anyone else in the cast stepping up to take his place.