Eliza Dushku

Forums: Eliza Dushku Board: New show for Eliza!

tinkslh

[1]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 5
    Eliza Dushku has been tapped to play Eve, the lead
    character on the hospital comedy/drama "Nurses" (also known as
    "Philadelphia General") for Fox. Dushku replaces Katheryn Winnick, who
    has departed the 20th Century Fox TV pilot.

Great news, I've really missed seeing her on TV. Bit worried thats its a Fox show though, especially considering what they did with her last show; Tru Calling.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

FaithTheSlayer

[2]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 21
    Very excited!
    But also concerned, like you, that it is on FOX.

NJZ

[3]Mar 17, 2007
    • level: 29
    I'm a little concerned too but its worth checking out.

SVU_Obsessed

[4]Mar 18, 2007
    • level: 22
    I hope it works out considering there's only about a hundred hospital shows out there. (Scrubs, E.R, grey's anatomy, etc). Any news on when it's going to air?

DiggingLou

[5]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    Sure there's a million and one hospital shows out there, but it means they are popular and don't need to be particularly original to be a hit or be good (Grey's might be the hottest thing on TV but there's absolute nothing new about it at all). This one focusing on the nurses is at least Yes it's on FOX but its a mainstream premise with a wide potential audience base, not like Tru Calling which certainly wasn't. I think it has a decent chance of making it to season order, especially as most of Fox's development slate is cop/lawyer orientated orĀ very different ie The Sarah Conner Chronicles, this is something different for them this year but a "safe" option as well.

DiggingLou

[6]Mar 23, 2007
    • level: 1

This is a more rounded out version of the outline from thefutoncritic. Nurses (working title) CAST (from left to right) Eliza Dushku as Eve Morrow Gregory Harrison as Dr. Richard Morrow Sara Rue as Chris Korenek Ramon Rodriguez as Patrick De Leon Jaclyn DeSantis as Joanne "Jo" Mazur Melinda Page Hamilton as Margo MacDonald Brett Dalton as Dr. Kurt Taylor Drew Sidora as Becca Dimato From executive producers Barry Josephson ("Bones") and Shed Productions (UK hits "Footballers' Wives," "Bad Girls"), director PJ Hogan ("My Best Friend's Wedding") and writers Samantha Goodman and Andrew Stern ("Return to Me"), NURSES is a hospital show that puts the focus where it truly belongs: on the women and men who spend their days at the beck and call of the doctors, proving once and for all who's truly in charge. And while the nurses of Philadelphia General Hospital work hard, they play hard, too sometimes before their shifts have even ended. Trying to put a checkered past behind her, newbie nurse EVE MORROW (Eliza Dushku, "Tru Calling") returns to, of all places, the hospital where her brilliant and intimidating father Dr. RICHARD MORROW (Gregory Harrison, "Ed," "Falcon Crest") calls the shots as Chief and her smug stepbrother Dr. KURT TAYLOR (Brett Dalton) is a rising star on the staff. Eve joins the nursing team on the fast-paced Med/Surg Unit and immediately finds herself in hot water when she enlists the help of the beautiful BECCA DIMATO (Drew Sidora, "Girlfriends," "White Chicks") who has a penchant for one-night stands and pilfered pharmaceuticals in a quest to help a patient by proving that Dr. Taylor, Becca's latest conquest, has made an incorrect diagnosis. The acerbic JOANNE "JO" MAZUR (Jaclyn DeSantis, "Windfall," "Luis") is a single mom who's enjoying a workplace romance with sexy male nurse PATRICK De LEON (Ramon Rodriguez, "Day Break," "The Wire"), as her envious co-workers wonder aloud what she has that they don't. CHRIS KORENEK (Sara Rue, "Less Than Perfect") is dangerously bored with her marriage to her high school sweetheart and secretly wonders if she has what it takes to be a surgeon. And while tightly-wound charge nurse MARGO MacDONALD (Melinda Page Hamilton, "Desperate Housewives") must play mother hen to them all, she quietly longs to be one of the girls. Few would have the wherewithal to survive all this, but it's just another 12-hour shift for the NURSES.

ariestar18

[7]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 13
    I am going to watch this show because she is going to on it. It is good that she is on tv again.

chaosrainz

[8]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 17
    It's not on Fox's fall line up.
    Jeez. They cancelled it before it started!

tbys1980

[9]Nov 4, 2007
    • level: 15
    chaosrainz wrote:
    It's not on Fox's fall line up.
    Jeez. They cancelled it before it started!

It doesn't matter. Eliza is going to be on a new show created by Joss Whedon and will also be on FOX.

Unusual_Peanut

[10]Nov 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    Yeah, isn't it called Dollhouse? It sounds awesome from what I've read. I'm glad Joss and Eliza have teamed up again.

kooladey

[11]Dec 3, 2007
    • level: 5

The new series that Eliza and Joss have created is called Dollhouse. Eliza will play a character called Echo who does certain assignments, but then has her memory wiped clean. Echo starts to think that something is up.... it sounmds pretty good to me! i'll be watching it!

tennisrobe26

[12]Dec 20, 2007
    • level: 22
    me too