Elizabeth Montgomery

Elizabeth Montgomery Fan Reviews (2)

• A marvellous actress who gave us so many entertaining moments while having a rather difficult adult life as well as immense television succes.

I grew up watching 'Bewitched'. That, along with the original 'Mickey Mouse Club', was my favourite show as a child. I never missed an episode if I could help it and, although I was obviously too young to realise it at the time, it was mainly the amazing talents of 'the witches' in the show that made it so enjoyable for me.

'Bewitched' made the ABC Network number 1 in the ratings during a large part of its 8-year run. Elizabeth, as the good witch Samantha Stephens, was wonderful. She was witty, attractive and exactly what a 1960s housewife and mother was supposed to be, wholesome and loyal etc., with the one difference being that she just happened to have magical powers!

As I grew older, I watched Elizabeth give a chilling display as Lizzie Borden and play a rape victim who was not believed and how courageously her character coped with that trauma.

Her off-screen life as an adult tended to be turbulent at times. She had four husbands, one of whom was extremely violent, but found several years of happiness and had three children with William Asher, the brains behind 'Bewitched'. In later life, she lived with, then later married, 'Falcon Crest' actor, Robert Foxworth, with whom she remained until her death. A truly amazing lady who was loved by all who watched her work.