Estelle Getty

Estelle Getty Fan Reviews (8)

• July 25, 1923 - July 22, 2008.

Estelle Getty was an excellent actress. Estelle really shined on screen. She was probably one of the funniest, if not the funniest, Golden Girl out of the four. She was so funny and I loved her for it. She is one of the main reasons I watch The Golden Girls. She wonderfully portrays the old Sicilian Sophia Petrillo. She brings Sophia to life. Sophia wouldn't be the same if anyone else were played her. Estelle Getty was definitely very, very talented. She was a personal favorite, and always will be for me. She is definitely a television icon and legend. May you R.I.P., Estelle Getty.
  • Married Arthur Gettlemen and is the best Golden Girl.

Estelle Getty is such an amazing actress. I love her work. Estelle really shines on screen. She is probably one of the funniest, if not the funniest, Golden Girl out of the four. She is so hilarious and I love her for it. She is one of the main reasons I watch The Golden Girls. She wonderfully portrays the old Sicilian Sophia Petrillo. She brings Sophia to life. Sophia wouldn't be the same if anyone else were played her. Estelle Getty is definately talented. She is definately above average. She is a personal favorite. She is definately a television icon and legend.
  • Picture It.....

She is my all time favorite Golden Girl, always quick with an insult. I love her. She adds spunk, creativity, and she just steels the show. No other character out there like her. Its my favorite show. I wish it went on for longer, the Golden Palace didn't do her justice like the Golden Girls.
  • the best

The only role I know her from is the Role of Sofia Petrilo on the great show of Golden Girls, I need to seek out her other roles, but this one was pure genius, no ne could of played it better, I hope for her all the best in her battlle with alzhiemers, and I will always remember her as quip master.. on GG
  • My favorite Golden Girl.

I must admit that I'm only familar with Estelle Getty's television acting skills from her role of Sophia Patrillo in "The Golden Girls", but I have to say that it is with that role that makes me see what a great comedic actress she is. As Sophia, she brought a lot of spunk to the role and always, in my opinion, stole the show in whatever scene she was in the show. Another thing that I like about Estelle is how she brought that same spunk to her role as Sylvester Stallone's mother in the movie "Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot", and that makes you appreciate her acting abilities. However, it's saddening to hear that due to her declining health, Estelle had to retire from the vocaton that she has loved all of her life. That's why she'll always live on to myself and other fans as Sophia Petrillo.
  • Sophia Petrillo is truely an original. She is very talneted, and I hope goes on to better things.

Funny things about Sophia:
    +The faces she puts on behind people's backs
    +Her love for money
    +The insults she throws at people
    +Acting like an 'innocent' old lady
    +How she always says "Picture it" when she begins a story
    +Her crazy antics about her late husband
    +Stories about Hitler and Mousolini
    +How she makes fun of Dorothy being a gigantic baby
    +Her get rich quick money schemes

The list just goes on...

I love Sophia. She has always been my favorite.
  • i love golden girls!

Sophia is my favortie because she ha all those funny one liners and exits the room

"Get Some Windex"

"A Bigger Racket"

"hes a okay petunia"

"try ten days without out a balemovement sometime"

"finally someone she can talk too"

"put it in my bottle i be happy too"

i love Sophia she will always be my favorite
  • She is so awesome!!!

I love her a lot!!! She played Sophia in The Golden Girls, as well as other shows like Empty Nest and Golden Palace. She is sooo funny as Sophia. I love her sass and the accent she uses in the show. Sophia is very sassy but sooo sweet!!! I mean it!!!

I am just like sooo sad that she's sick. I heard she can't even remember anything anymore. One night, I was watching The Golden Girls, and when Sophia appeared, I saw her face and almost cried. I wish there were cures for all her sicknesses. In my opinion, 84 is waaay too young to die.

Estelle, if you end up leaving this world and going to heaven, will you please watch over me? You're a great person, and I look up to you. You're awesome!!!