Ethan Suplee

Ethan Suplee Fan Reviews (5)

• wow.

That is the only word I can think of when describing the qualities of this actor. When someone is able to portray such dumb people in such convincing way, he must be either a brilliant actor or actually be such a dumb person, but I highly doubt that last option... Either way, the way he portraits the Randy Hickey character, it's just brilliant. So natural, so convincing, you'd almost believe in the not being able to think for himself of this man, just perfect! Too bad we don't get to see him more often. He might have the look of a... well, just the way he looks (cant find the right word being dutch), but Im sure there are plenty of roles other than naive, low-IQ kind of guys that this actor is capable of playing. In fact, I think he's capable of almost every possible role. Love this actor!
  • empty

Ethan Suplee seems to always play the big, loveable goon in every film or television show that he appears in. Even though that he does play the same type of character, Ethan finds a way to make each one of them stand out in their own unique way.
  • Great sidekick in deed!

I love Ethan as the lovable but slow and dim-witted
    Sidekick to Jason Lee as he brings comic relief as
    Well as also just really makes Lee look very good!
    Doesn't have the good looks but then again you don't need
    Good looks to steal the show and also just to be
    A great actor! Don't you just love the sidekick parts!
  • HILARIOUS!!

Ethan Suplee is HILARIOUS! He is great in My Name is Earl. He is always in hillbilly parts and always plays an idiot I think he can challenge himself more. I think he is one of my favorite actors. He has a whole new kind of acting. His is defenatly one of my favorite actors.
  • Review on Ethan Suplee Playing "Randy" on My Name is Earl!

Ethan Suplee plays Randy, the brother of Jason Lee's character, Earl. Randy’s life seems to be as ill fated as Earl’s. While living on his brother’s couch, he accompanies Earl on his karma-cleansing journey.

Suplee has amassed a diverse and eclectic body of work over the past decade, ranging from comedic performances in films such as "Mallrats" and "Without a Paddle," to hauntingly dramatic pieces such as "American History X,” "Blow" and "Cold Mountain." His breakthrough performance as a young football player in Disney's "Remember The Titans" with Denzel Washington garnered him critical acclaim and led to another role opposite Washington in director Nick Cassavetes' thriller "John Q."

For the big screen, Suplee will next be seen starring in "Art School Confidential," for director Terry Zwigoff ("Ghost World"), and he also completed work for director Darren Aronofsky on the film, "The Fountain," with Hugh Jackman and Rachel Weisz.

Suplee has most recently wrapped production on "Mr. Woodcock," due out Spring 2006, and co-starring Sean William Scott, Susan Sarandon and Billy Bob Thornton.

Suplee made his feature film debut in 1995 (alongside "Earl" co-star Jason Lee) in writer/director Kevin Smith's "Mallrats," where he played the memorable William Black, a young man determined to crack the mystery behind the mall's magic eye poster. Smith went on to cast Suplee in "Chasing Amy" and as the voice of Norman the Golgothan in "Dogma." More recent comedy credits include "Without A Paddle" with Matthew Lillard and Seth Green, director Todd Phillip's "Roadtrip" and "Evolution," for director Ivan Reitman.

Suplee showcased his impressive acting chops with a powerful and compelling performance in 1998 in director Tony Kaye's "American History X." He played a carelessly violent racist skinhead who tries to convince his friend (Edward Furlong) to "come back to his roots" in their gang of white supremacists.

His role of high school football lineman, Lewis, in Disney's "Remember the Titans" exposed Suplee to a larger audience, and he was singled out by many critics as a fresh and welcomed screen presence, with the Hollywood Reporter calling his performance "scene-stealing."

With Ted Demme's 1970s drug-cartel drama "Blow," Suplee continued to raise his profile, playing Tuna, the best friend of Johnny Depp's newly turned drug dealer George Jung.

More recently, Suplee played a pivotal role of a young soldier in Anthony Minghella's period piece "Cold Mountain," with Jude Law and Nicole Kidman. He also co-starred with Ashton Kutcher in New Line's "The Butterfly Effect."

Born in New York and raised in Los Angeles, Suplee landed his first role at the age of sixteen on the popular television series, "Boy Meets World." He recurred as the reluctant bully Frankie for three seasons. Most recently for television, Suplee made a powerful guest-starring appearance on NBC's "Third Watch," where he played a disturbed young man who filmed a video journal about his obsession with a girl.

Suplee resides in Los Angeles with his fiancée Brandy and their newborn daughter, Francis Clementine. His birthday is May 25.