Eva Marie Saint

Eva Marie Saint Fan Reviews (1)

• Eva Marie Saint is one of the most famous female leads in movie history.

Eva Marie Saint played one of most famous female leads in movie history, in an Academy Award-winning performance opposite Marlon Brando in Elia Kazan's On the Waterfront (1954). Eva Marie Saint certainly brought "real acting" in a time when melodrama still ran rampant in the industry. Who can forget her memorable argument scene with Brando when she says, "I didn't say I don't love you, I said I want you to get out."Eva Marie gave a strong impression in "Waterfront," but to most people, she is best known for playing Eve Kendell, the sultry spy in Alfred Hitchcock's classic lightweight thriller North by Northwest (1959), where she starred opposite Cary Grant. Although her appearances on the big screen have come few and far between, she manages to deliver strongly in every performance. Her most notable films over the years include A Hatful of Rain (1957) (for which she received Golden Globe and BAFTA nominations), the period piece Raintree County (1957), the war epics Exodus (1960) and 36 Hours (1965), the sports drama Grand Prix (1966), the family film Because of Winn-Dixie (2005), and the action adventure Superman Returns (2006). http://evamariesaint.com/