Famke Janssen

Famke Janssen Fan Reviews (5)

• Dangerously sexy

Some people don't know who she is, well just let me tell you this; she is an actress that it's known for being dangerously sexy (the same type of woman as Melinda Clarke, best known as Julie Cooper on The O.C. or Lady Heather on CSI).

Her unique sexiness has earned her roles like the Bond girl Xenia Onatopp, X-men Jean Grey, Ava Moore in Nip/Tuck among others.

But besides being sexy she actually had proven that she can act. And what is awesome about her is that she doesn't do it for the fame and money. Her true passion is to make movies, and she loves it so much that she actually works for a low amount of money or even for free, since she prefers to start an independent film to a blockbuster.

I'm just grateful that this amazing woman had the opportunity to portray my favorite superhero on the big screen, cuz she did an amazing job. She brought out those dark spots of Jean Grey that we are just too afraid to know. Besides all that she has the 3rd cutest dog on earth =0P.
  • empty

Famke Janssen earned critical-acclaim for her star-making performance opposite Jon Favreau in
    Valerie Breiman's Love and Sex, which premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2000.
    Previous credits include William Malone's House on Haunted Hill opposite Geoffrey Rush, Robert
    Rodriguez' The Faculty, John Dahl's Rounders, opposite Edward Norton and Matt Damon, and
    Woody Allen's Celebrity, opposite Kenneth Branagh and Leonardo DiCaprio. Additional credits
    include Stephen Sommers' Deep Rising and Robert Altman's The Gingerbread Man, in which she
    starred opposite Kenneth Branagh and Robert Downey, Jr. In addition, Janssen played a lowerclass
    Irish-American Bostonian in Ted Demme's Monument Avenue opposite Martin Sheen and
    Billy Crudup. She also starred in John Irvin's City of Industry opposite Harvey Keitel, and as the
    lasciviously lethal assassin, "Xenia Onatopp," in the James Bond megahit Goldeneye.
    Janssen recently starred in X3: The Last Stand, directed by Brett Ratner, where she reprises her
    role as Jean Grey. She also starred in X-Men and X-2, both directed by Bryan Singer. She also
    reprised her role on the FX original drama series Nip/Tuck for which she received a Movieline
    Breakthrough Award for her star turn on the show.
    Other films to her credit include Hide and Seek with Robert DeNiro, Eulogy, featuring Piper
    Laurie, Ray Romano, Rip Torn, Debra Winger, Kelly Preston and Zooey Deschanel, director Betty
    Thomas’ I Spy, opposite Eddie Murphy and Owen Wilson, Gary Fleder's thriller Don't Say A Word
    opposite Michael Douglas, and in Jon Favreau's Made, in which she co-starred with Favreau and
    Vince Vaughn.
    A true leading lady, Famke Janssen refuses to fill a stereotype. By taking on a wide range of
    roles in both studio and independent features and working with some of Hollywood's best
    directors, she has proven herself to be not only one of the most beautiful actresses in the
    business, but also one of the most talented and diverse. Born in Holland, Janssen moved to the United States where she majored in writing and literature at Columbia University and studied
    stagecraft with Harold Guskin.
    Janssen recently received two awards for her work in The Treatment. She was the recipient of a
    Career Achievement in Acting Award from the Hamptons Intl. Film Festival and she received the
    Susan B. Anthony Failure is Impossible Award for the breadth and distinction of her work from
    the High Falls International Film Festival.
    coming up she has a part in the ensemble comedy The Ten , and she is the lead is two upcoming films Eric Red's 100 Feet and Chris Eigeman's Turn the River she will also star in her new TV show Winters.
  • empty

She is kind of cool. Her acting is something original, and she plays a lot of good roles. Sometimes she seems like this girl that makes good movies, but sometimes when she plays the villlain makes one excellent role like in "I Spy" or "X-Men" she is awesome...
  • She is so sexy...

Famke Jenssen is a very beautiful person, and I think that she is very talent also, I think that she also one of the best actress that I have ever see in my life, I really like the role that she did in Nip\Tuck and I think that it was one of the best actress that appear in there, and I also think that she is great the way that she interpreted her, and I also think that she is really good for the role of Jean Grey in X-Men, because she looks so sexy in there, and I can't stop thinking about her all the time, well the thing is that she looks so beautiful....
  • She is good!!!!!!!!!!

I like her in hide and seek I had never seen a movie with her and then I saw Hide and Seek and she was fantastic in the role. After I saw this movie I went search in internet for know who that woman was and then I just started to like her.