Frank Welker

Frank Welker Fan Reviews (14)

• Muuahhhh

Mr. Welkers voice hasn't aged or help up as well as Peter Cullan's. However he is the best Megatron voice actor on the market and you can hear the undertones of such an iconic character in every word he speaks.
  • He is the Voice God, no doubt about it!

At first sight, most people would say that he is just another voice actor, but if they knew that he is able to come up with the craziest voices for the craziest characters in the History of cartoons, they would be surprised. Frank Welker has voiced some of the best cartoon characters ever, and has done both good guys and bad guys. He is better known for voicing Fred Jones and Scooby-Doo, but he's also known for voicing many cartoon villains like Dr. Claw, Megatron, Soundwave, Dr. Viper, among many others. He is without a doubt one of the most talented voice actors in the world, if not the most talented of tham all. Pure Gold I can tell you!
  • One of the greatest cartoon voice actors of all time.

Ever since before I was born, Frank Welker has always done alot of good voices in various cartoons. He's always been very good with Fred in the Scooby-Doo cartoons. He also voices various animal sounds in most cartoons I like both old ones and new ones and he does real good with all the ones I know of. In 'Dexter's Laboratory' he did very well as Krunk in 'Justice Friends', it sounded very much like the Incredible Hulk which Krunk is a parody of. In 'Garfield Gets Real', he voiced Garfield and he did a wonderful job. He does a very good mimic of Lorenzo Music's Garfield voice and it fits better then Bill Murray's voice for Garfield in the live action Garfield movies. In 'Garfield and Friends', the voices he gives Bo, Booker and Shelden fit them real well. Bo's voice really makes him sound like a Sheep charactor which he is and Booker and Sheldon both have voices that suit them too. They do sound almost identicle but it's okay because they are brothers so it makes sense. Frank Welker does a very good voice for Scooby-Doo aswell. He makes Scooby-Doo sound the way Scooby is supposed to sound.
  • Frank Welker has been known as doing all kinds of vocal effects for animals.

Frank Welker is my favorite voice actor in all time! I would love to meet this guy. He is so awesome and amazing! In my childhood, I watched so many cartoons and movies that had Frank Welker's voice.

He played Megatron, Skywarp, Soundwave, and many others in "The Transformers", Kermit and Beaker in "The Muppet Babies", Fred Jones in "Scooby-Doo, Where Are You?", Brain, Dr. Claw, and M.A.D. Cat in "Inspector Gadget", Elminster, Duke Eltan, Korax, and Xzar in "Baldur's Gate", Farnsworth, Jebediah, Rollo, Perky, and Eagle in "The Little Engine That Could" etc.
  • He sounds like a handsome chap!!!

Im glad that Frank welker did some voices on my favorite show, Animanaics. Frank welker sounds so handsome even I never seen him before for some reason. He does a really great job on the voices of Runt, Buttons, Chicken boo and others. If I had one wish, I would wish that I had such I handsome voice like that. I hope Frank welker does not do dumb shows like squirrel boy and my gym parner`s a monkey. I would just wish that I was girl and marry him. He is very cool. What ever he is doing right, I wish him the best of luck.
  • Frank Welker, The Voice God.

Frank started out on Scooby do, now he is everywhere. You may not recognize his face but you WILL recognize his voice. You pretty much cannot watch a cartoon without hearing Frank's voice at some point. How is it possible for one man to have so many voices? Frank was recently listed as the #1 box office draw. He is too underated, because peolpe don't know his name but everyone has heard his voice. If you thought Mel Blanc was the quidiscential voice actor, you have not heard of Frank. It is no surprise he is everywhere, no one else can do what he does as well as he does it. If I could have given him higher than a 10 I would have. What else can be said about the "voice god".
  • The voice god he is.

Well, after reading all the roles he has done in not only this website, but others suck as wikipedia and IMBp {i think thats what it is called} i knew from the first couple of roles that he was the voice god.

To do so many voices, and to do them in so many diffrent tones and voices, it is truely amazing and if you can have atleast mroe then 5 to 10 voices, then you my friend, have talent.
  • From the early days playing Fred on Scooby Doo, to just about every creature and critter in animation history, Frank defines voice acting.

Frank is synonymous with Hanna Barbera animals and people. I first noticed his credit as Ray Stantz and Slimer in The Real Ghostbusters, then connected it to Freddy from Scooby Doo. I couldn’t believe that’s the same voice that also did Hefty Smurf, Jabberjaw, and Fangface, but that proves he’s got range. Then came other little critters like Abu in Aladdin. I don’t know how people do that, but the man does it all. He still voices cartoons to this day.

I have no clue how he is as a celebrity or off-screen, or even know what he looks like, but it’s always fun to see his name on a credit for an animal instead of whatever sound effect people come up.
  • when you retire, you shall be missed!

you were a great actor, you were fun when you played, fred (scooby doo), runt/buttons/fladio/others (animaniacs), abu/rajah (aladdin) , george jetson (jetsons), fred duck (garfield), dander (ozzy and drix), and others I can\'t think of right now. but all I can say is that when you retire, you will be missed and we all shall remember you. we defently, defently, will- ah! my iner runt is taking over and im a rita fan!

love hannah, aka ritafan06 aka jewelflower
  • Has almost a thousand roles on his resume- while almost never showing his face.

His resume includes Scooby-Doo, Transformers, and just about every animated production made in the last thirty years.

If its animated and it squeaks, growls or talks than the odds are that Frank is behind it. His range includes a wide variety of animals (Abu from "Aladdin,") humans (Iceman) and robots (Megatron) and he creates such variance in roles that most people can't even tell that multiple roles are being fulfilled by the same person!

That's why they call him the "Voice God."
  • A genius

This guy is unbelievable, one of the few celebrities I'd really want to meet and talk with. One of my all time favorite shows is Transformers, and he made that show! I have no idea of what he really looks like, and I'll be darned if I've tried to find a pic of him. But that voice is unmistakable. He can do anything with that voice and I love it. What's really wild is he does charecters that are vital to the plot, but you don't even acknowledge it. Background charecters, animals, etc. truly a talent that should last forever.
  • What a talent...wow.

There are very few voice actors who come close to Frank Welker's talent.

The first character of his I really became a fan of was Ray Stantz on "The Real Ghostbusters". Frank's voice played a big part in making Ray my favourite character on that show, and since then I've been amazed at his ability to create so many distinct and different voices. He can go from a sunny-tempered good guy like Ray, to a maniacal, sadistic villain like Megatron, to an offbeat character like Runt or Gogo Dodo, and pull them off superbly. I feel that his voice makes the characters he plays, and that he has great vocal presence. Not only that but he has the awesome capacity to perfectly re-create any animal voice, something which has gained him even more employment and made him deservedly the most prolific man in showbiz. Need an authentic recording of a pig, dog, parrot, or sheep for your production? Frank's the man.

I hope that Frank continues to work in his old age and produce great voices for the toons we watch. I have every confidence in the man. Put your hands together for Frank Welker!
  • One of the big time legends.

After participating for many years in the world of animation, Frank Welker is still lively and strong. Welker's best known roles to fans are Freddy Jones from the Scooby Doo fame and Megatron, the evil Decepticon leader. After hearing hearing his performance on What's New Scooby Doo some years back, he still sounds as young as he did back in the old days (from watching reruns of course.) He also was a great talent for being able to mimic and produce animal noises. I could almost swear that the recording brought in real live animals for the roles. Welker should be very proud at what he's accomplished. His wide vocal flexibilty has put him in very high demand and puts him in a hall of fame along side other big time voice actors.
  • This guy is a natural Mel Blanc.

Frank Welker is unlike any voice actor you'd ever see or hear. Not only does he have a good voice, he's also known as a Sound o fix maker.

He can do robot, animal, and even machine noises.

He deserves a 10 out of 10. And should be known as "Greatest voice actor" of all time.