Fritz Weaver

Fritz Weaver Fan Reviews (2)

• A very versatile and gifted actor, Fritz Weaver has appeared on Broadway, in films and on television. His distinctive voice can be heard on audiobooks and as a voice-over narrator for many documentaries.

Fritz Weaver doesn't get around much anymore, but back in The Day, he played all sorts of guest parts in diverse shows as Mission: Impossible, Gunsmoke, Combat!, and Twelve O'Clock High, to name but a few. When I lived in New York, I got to see him on stage in "Child's Play," for which he won a Tony award. I also saw him as Macbeth in a Shakespeare Festival. His first film appearance was in "Fail-Safe" in 1964, which I was too young to see when it first came out. I like Fritz Weaver's acting on film, especially when there are close-ups, as he has a very expressive face and no one suffers like he does. I'll bet many members here remember him from two parts he played on "Twilight Zone," my favorite being Third from the Sun. If there's some old rerun that features Fritz Weaver, I try to watch it or record it for later viewing.