Gail O'Grady

Gail O'Grady Fan Reviews (4)

6.1
  • Gail O'Grady is the most talented actress you've probably never heard of. Every role she touches she turns into gold!

Simply put, Gail is great! I can't wait for her to star again in her own show, because she will make it a hit. She made American Dreams such a poignant show, and without her, there's no doubt in my mind that AD would have been canceled after one season. As Helen Pryor, she gave us a view of the woman of the 1960s that those of us from Gen X probably never realized existed. Her performance as Jess Gradwell in the "Sex and the Single Mom" movies on Lifetime were both tear-jerking and funny. Watching those movies made me laugh and cry. What other actress could do that?
  • talentless in everything she's done

0.2
    her new series hot properties on ABC has just bit the dust (been cancelled) as of tuesday. it was all t&a, and sex, and nothing about selling real estate. the show was a piece of crap and i'm glad it's gone! the spanish girl was a skank and selfish, and the other ones are just crappy actors, except nicole sullivan, who should return to madTV
  • Growing Talent

The true show of talent as an actor is the ability to be so transformed by a role that you are unrecognizable, not everyone can do that. So actors are good, but they seem to do the same thing over and over. I have always like Gail O'Grady; I did not really watch her on NYPD Blue, but I have seen her do drama and comedy before. Her performance on Law and Order:SVU the episode titled "Selfish", she was great. As I write this I have not finished watching the episode, but her performance is so GOOD, I had to stop to give her her "props". I hope she gets nominated for an Emmy. Law and Order:SVU always seems to bring out the best performances in an actor.
  • Attractive, with excellent comic timing.

To be fair and balance out Gail O'Gradys' rating, I submit that she reminded me of a younger Ann-Margret in the two episodes she appeared in, and exhibited excellent comic timing. She was attractive, had fun with the role, was a perfect foil to Charlies' character, had excellent facial expressions, and had two or three of the best lines in the episodes in which she appeared, notably that Kandi had gotten her looks from her mother but other things from her father. The scene in which she gives Alan advise on how to win Kandi back while handcuffed to Charlies' bed and wondering if they had thought this through was funny, as was the scene at Alan's former house.