Gene Wilder

Gene Wilder Fan Reviews (5)

• I rcv a vcml msg from my sis whod seen Charlie & the Chocolat Factory commercl,say'g "They've desecratd the great Willy Wonka! I agreed. We're Wilder Wonkaites 2 the core! You don't mess w/perfectn: "Amazing Grace","How Great Thou Art" & GW's Wonka!

No disrespect 2 Jonnie Depp, a talented actor. There were a few redeeming qualities about the remake: the emphasis on Wonka's personal family background and the ending. If they had developed that aspect as the theme & story line & not tried to improve on the basic story line of Willy Wonka, the film could find its own standing alongside the original. Ironically Gene Wilder is praised for this & many other films but "The Frisco Kid" is often not mentioned but is one of the top two best for Gene Wilder in my book. Anybody with a real good warped since of humor can appreciate that movie. It was fortunate to track down a VHS copy if it & I will hang on to it for dear life. And you know that film also highlights another one of the great actors of our day: Mr. Harrison Ford. The two are an awesome duo in this film. If you haven't seen it, then do so! God bless ya Mr. Wilder. I miss ya on the screen these days. I understand you have been ill. But I am glad to hear that you are still artistically busy, writing these days!
  • empty

Gene Wilder is truly an underrated actor. My two favorite movies of his are "Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory" and "Young Frankenstein." In every one of his roles, he absolutely makes you feel every one of the emotions that he is trying to portray.
  • empty

He is an amazing actor who has lived through so much and truly deserve a round of applause. He has done many, many great films that I just love, like Young Frankenstien and Charlie and the Chocalte Factory. He has had many rough patches, his wife(*Cough) Gilda Radner died of cancer, RIP. He himself has had cancer as well.
  • No one does it better then Gene Wilder. From the earliest of his work he made an impact.

What can be said about an entertainer like Gene Wilder. He is brilliant! His work with Mel Brooks is classic, the comedy with Richard Prior is immortal, and he will always be the original Willy Wonka (the slightly less creepy version).

So where is he now? Why can't we see Gene on TV or a movie these days. If William Shatner can find his way back to TV so too should Gene. We need him back.

Back during his guest starring roll on Will & Grace we could get a taste of what he can bring to the table. If David E. Kelley needs neurotic characters for his series...take a look at Gene Wilder and make him an offer.

In conclusion, Gene, we miss you and would love to see you back in the saddle again.
  • Pretty decent actor.

The only movie with him in it I have ever seen is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I think he did a pretty cool Willy Wonka. Not as cool as Johnny Depp, but still he was pretty good. Hopefully he his acting will never end. You rock Gene Wilder!