Gregg Henry

Gregg Henry Fan Reviews (3)

• Take it from an old friend of Gregg . . . .

It's been a joy to watch Gregg's portrayal of Brigham Young on AMC's "Hell on Not only is he a super actor, he's a DEAD RINGER (with only a little help from makeup) for Young himself!!!

But what I want to add is this: I knew Gregg well from 1970-72 when we were students and dorm colleagues at Drury College (now in Springfield, MO where Gregg was then majoring in theater. He was far & above the best actor we had (I was chief of the sound crew most of that time) and starred or co-starred in The Devil's Disciple, Midsummer Night's Dream, Dylan Thomas's Under Milkwood, The Fantastiks, Cassio in Othello, Little Murders, and best of all, a portrayal of Cyrano de Bergerac that left me teary-eyed at the end of every single rehearsal and performance we did.

But there's more: He was also one of the coolest and downright kindest people I had the pleasure of knowing in those years. One day as I was entering our dorm Turner Hall, Gregg was sitting on the front porch there, a little boy beside him with a supply of boxes of chocolate as a fundraiser for something or other. Gregg was counting some change he'd just pulled from his pocket. He saw me and said, "Hey Ted, do you have twelve cents?" I fished into my own pocket. Gregg explained, "This young man needs a dollar for a box of chocolates and I only have 88 I managed to cough up the 12, and the boy handed us a box and went happily on his way. Gregg and I ate a few and he offered one to everyone who passed by. As I myself was flat broke at the time too, I reflected for a moment--"What a dam cool guy. He could have easily said to that kid, 'Sorry, I'm broke' and sent him off. But that was just Gregg being Gregg: generous, thoughtful and kind to a little boy whatever his color or cause.

Hey, if anyone out there knows Gregg personally, would you ask him to look up his old Drury theater bud Ted Mooney if he's ever in Tucson? Love ya, brother Gregg!
  • This guy is funny; I love to see him on the Riches. Give it the old Panco Punch!!!! And he does.

I think this is one of the best characters on this show. The dialogue between Eddie (Wayne/ Doug) and Gregg (Hugh Panetta) are great. Hugh is such a butt hole or **** as Wayne/ Doug says. Hugh is a strait shooter and his willingness to take chances with the projects he builds is great. For example, when he built homes where there are alligators and a homeowner lost a hand working in her garden. Hugh’s response was classic, “I didn't create alligators, I'm not God”. He feels that is what the entire case is about, funny. The best was when he made Wayne/ Doug fire the person he was hired to replace. That is being a true leader. Probably makes for an interesting and stressful work environment. . We will see if he makes Wayne/ Doug a partner in Panco. That relationship should get real interesting. Give it the old Panco Punch!
  • Gregg Henry is a very talented actor that has been around a long time.

I live in Wichita, Ks. & just saw the movie "The BTK Serial Killer" on T.V. I couldn't believe how much they made Gregg Henry look exactly like Dennis Rader!! His expressions were perfect. He captured the facial expressions & attitude verbatim as far as I noticed on the news. I believe the movie per se was very boring but Gregg Henry was the only good quality about the movie. 3 cheers Gregg