Guillermo del Toro

Guillermo del Toro Fan Reviews (3)

• A great film maker, Guillermo del Toro.

Guillermo Del Toro got his first big break when Cronos (1993) won nine academy awards in Mexico, then went on to win the International Critics Week prize at Cannes. Following this success, del Toro made his first Hollywood film, Mimic (1997), starring Mira Sorvino. Del Toro had some unfortunate experiences working with a demanding Hollywood studio on Mimic (1997), and returned to Mexico to form his own production company, The Tequila Gang. Next for del Toro, was El espinazo del diablo (2001), a Spanish Civil War ghost story. The film was hailed by critics and audiences alike, and del Toro decided to give Hollywood another try.In 2002, Guillermo del Toro directed the Wesley Snipes vampire sequel, Blade II (2002) and with another successful comic-book inspired film, Hellboy (2004), starring one of Del Toro's favorite actors, Ron Perlman. http://guillermodeltoro.com/
  • empty

Guillermo del Toro is a genius, and before you kneejerk react let me tell you why. He successfully deliver the content of a movie, the magic, the life of it, perfectly balanced between hellacious evil and pure, mythical fairy tale. Pan's Labyrinth is simply the greatest movie for how it stands this way. He's a brilliant director, bringing all the sweet nectar of life despite the war and hell that rages around human torment.
  • empty

I kind of like him. The way he directs is really cool and I know some of the movies that he has made. They are cool, of course, the most known today will be "Pan's Labyrinth" which is awesome. I think that he is one of the best Mexican directors. He is great!