Halle and Gabriel Aubry welcomed their first child into the world in 2008. The couple named her Nahla Ariela.
For her role in Introducing Dorothy Dandridge, Halle won a SAG Award, a Golden Globe and an Emmy.
In March 2007, Halle began dating Gabriel Aubry, a model, after meeting him in November 2005 at a Versace shoot. In May 2008, Halle wore a diamond ring on her engagement finger at the Revlon Walk/Run for Women event, sparking rumors Gabriel had proposed.
Halle was named 'Miss Teen All American' in 1985, and Miss Ohio USA in 1986. She was also the first runner up in the 2004 Miss USA pageant.
Halle owns two Maltese dogs named Polly and Willy.
In October 2007 it was revealed that Halle had received racist death threats to her unborn baby. Halle hired security guards after she received several anonymous threatening letters. One note warned she and her child would be "cut into hundreds of pieces".
On April 4th, 2007, Halle was immortalised on Hollywood's 'Walk of Fame'. Her star is the 2333rd to be laid on the 'Walk of Fame'. She was initially due to receive her star in 2003 but conflicting schedules prevented her from receiving it until 2007.
In March 2007, Halle admitted she had attempted suicide after the end of her relationship with David Justice, a baseball player with the Atlanta Braves.
Halle won a Golden Globe, a SAG Award and an Academy Award (Best Actress) for her role in Monster's Ball.
Halle was named Harvard University's Hasty Pudding Theatrical's "2006 Woman of the Year".
Halle adopted a cat (that was originally an extra for Catwoman) named Playto, to help herself learn about cats. However, she renamed the cat Playdough, because Playto was too serious a name for her.
Halle's first $1 million salary for a film was for Executive Decision in 1996. She originally refused the part .... until she was offered $1 million.
- Halle lost some hearing in one of her ears due to a physical encounter with a boyfriend in the early 1990s.
- On April 10, 2002, Halle received an injury on the set of Die Another Day, while on location in Cadiz, Spain. She was shooting an action sequence at the time, which involved Pierce Brosnan firing on a helicopter being flown by Rick Yune.
- In May 2003, her broke her arm while filming Gothika.
- In 2004, Halle smashed her head into set lights on the set of Catwoman but wasn't seriously injured.
Halle's dress for the 2002 Oscars ceremony was voted the most popular outfit from the first 75 years.
Halle was named after the grand old Halle Building in Cleveland, Ohio, which originally housed the Halle Brothers department store. The building is now an office building and was the fictional setting for the Winfred-Louder department store on The Drew Carey Show.
In 1994, Halle turned down the role of Annie in Speed. In 2003 she turned down the female lead in box office disaster Gigli.
Halle portrayed Dorothy Dandridge in the film Introducing Dorothy Dandridge in 1999. Dorothy Dandridge was the first African- American woman to be nominated for an Academy Award for Best Actress and coincidentally Halle Berry is the first to have won in that category.
Halle was placed on three year's probation and ordered to pay $13,500 in fines and penalties after pleading no contest on May 10, 2000 to a misdemeanor charge of leaving the scene of a traffic accident. The judge also ordered the actress to perform 200 hours of community service.
Halle is Mulatto. Her father is African American and her mother is Caucasian. She is estranged from her sister Heidi.
As of December 2006, Halle is the highest paid African American actress in Hollywood.
Halle's appearances on various lists include:
- Listed in the #10 position in Australian Empire Magazine's 'Sexiest Female Movie Star'
- Listed in the #96 position in Premiere's annual 'Power 100'
- Listed in the #7 position in FHM's 'Top 100 Sexiest Women'
- Listed in People magazine as one of the '50 Most Beautiful People'
- Listed in the #41 position in Maxim Magazine's 'Hot 100 of 2005'
- Listed in the #5 position in FHM's '100 Sexiest Women in the World'
- Listed in the #1 position in BET's 'All Shades of Fine: The 25 Hottest Women of the Past 25 Years'
- Listed in the #7 position in VH1's '100 Hottest Hotties'
- Listed in the #55 position in Maxim Magazine's 'Hot 100 of 2007'
- Listed in the #7 position in AIM's '100 Hottest Brunettes'
Halle was named one of the "50 Most Beautiful People" in People magazine in 2004. 2004 was the eighth time Halle had appeared on the list, tying with Julia Roberts for the most appearances.
Halle was the second "Bond Girl" to win an Oscar.
- Attended Heskett Middle School in Bedford, Ohio.
- Graduated from Bedford High School, Bedford, Ohio where she was an honor society member, cheer leader, editor of the school paper, class president, and prom queen.
- Attended Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, Ohio.
- The first African American actress to win the Oscar for Best Actress.
- The first African American in the Miss World Competition. - The first actress to portray two different comic book characters for two different comic book companies.
Halle is 5 feet 7 inches (1.70 metres) tall. Her measurements are 36C-22-37 and her nickname is Hannah Little.
Halle was married to David Justice from December 31, 1992 to June 24, 1997. She was then married to Eric Benet from January 24, 2001 to January 3, 2005. Halle adopted her step-daughter, India, after her marriage to Eric and is now her legal mother.
In 1989, Halle was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
Halle: (on sex) I've learned my tricks. I know what I like. I do not wait around. I initiate. And I'm not all about frequency. I favor intensity.
Halle: (on doing nude scenes) I did one and I'd do more, if it was instrumental in bringing the character to life. I'm really comfortable with my body.
Halle: (on being immortalised on Hollywood's 'Walk of Fame') I want to officially state that I am an emotional retard. I am so emotional ... as soon as I saw the crowds of people and friends here, I started to cry.
Halle: I'll adopt, I'll get artificially inseminated. I'll do whatever I will have to do. I really don't want to miss motherhood in my life, and I know I love children.
Halle: (on Catwoman) I can't tell you how many times my pants split wide open...I was having lots of Janet Jackson moments...I think I've evolved into someone pretty confident - in myself and in my skin.
Halle: I never wanted to be a model. My modelling career was nothing but a stepping stone to my acting career and that's all I ever saw it as. A pointless rock in the river that has to be stepped on in order to get to the meaningful oasis of acting.
Halle: (during her Oscar acceptance speech) This moment is so much bigger than me, This moment is for Dorothy Dandridge, Lena Horne, v... It's for the women that stand beside me, Jada Pinkett Smith, Angela Bassett, Vivica A. Fox... and it's for every nameless, faceless woman of color that now has a chance, because the door tonight has been opened.
Halle: I carried my Oscar to bed with me. My first and only three-way happened that night.
Halle: While being called beautiful is extremely flattering, I would much rather be noticed for my work as an actress.
Halle: Secretly part of me has always wanted to try cocaine, but I just couldn't imagine sniffing anything up my nose. It seems like that would hurt.
User Score: 503
User Score: 86
User Score: 76
User Score: 14
User Score: 14
User Score: 12
User Score: 10
User Score: 6
User Score: 6
User Score: 6