Harry Shearer

Harry Shearer Fan Reviews (9)

• Harry Shearer is a voice actor best known for his work on The Simpsons.

Harry Shearer was born Harry Julius Shearer on December 23, 1943 in Los Angeles, California. He gained fame with 1989's The Simpsons. On June 12, 1974, he married Penelope J. Nichols, but they divorced in 1977. On The Simpsons, he gained stardom for voicing various characters lke: Otto the Schoolbus Driver, Lenny Leonard, Mr. Burn, Reverend Lovejoy, Waylon Smithers, Kent Brockman, Principal Seymour Skinner, Ned Flanders, and Dr. Julius Hibbert. Harry's middle name is the same of Dr. Hibbert's first name. In 1998, he co-starrred with The Simpsons cast members Hank Azaria and Nancy Cartwright in Godzilla. On March 28, 1993, he married second wife singer/actress Judith Owen. Despite being married twice, he has no children. I love Harry Shearer's voice and talent. I hope to hear Harry Shearer for many more seasons on The Simpsons!
  • Talented for sure!

7.6
    (Simpsons Related)
    Back in the day, this would have been a 10/10! But sadly, the show has been declining. They just didn't know when to pull out. The show peaked during the late 90s, but since 2000 it has been on a downhill slope getting worse with every season. The plots are dull and don't seem to go anywhere filled with awful jokes.

The jokes themselves are no longer original, but rather just follow the formula of older jokes and are written poorly. The voicework is still good, its just annoying seeing the same old jokes over and over. Homer is fat, Bart is dumb, Moe suicidal etc. Nothing is original anymore. And the wit is no longer there either.

The show was good in its prime, but it has taken a huge fall. The movie coming out doesn't help anything.
  • empty

If you've ever watched the Simpsons, you will know that Harry Shearer provides the voice for Charles Montgomery Burns, Waylon Smithers, Ned 'Neddy' / 'Nedward' Flanders, etc. He's a brilliant voice actor and deserves more roles than he actually has! (Not like he has hundreds already)
  • Awsome dude!

What do Mr. Burns, Reverend Lovejoy, Lenny, Smithers, and Ned Flanders have in common? Well, they\'re all voiced by the brilliant Harry Shearer. I feel he provides some of the funniest and most well-thought out voices on the show, and you really can\'t tell they\'re by the same person. The voices of Mr. Burns and Principal Skinner in particular never fail to hit the spot. Outside of Springfield Harry is probably best known for his portrayal of Derek Smalls in the cult classic \"This Is Spinal Tap\", which I saw for the first time only recently. While Derek didn\'t get as much screentime as the other two bandmembers I think Harry did a great job with the character. Mr. Shearer has a great knack for instilling life and wit into his characters, and he has proved this time and time again over the years.
  • Harry Shearer is a very talented man.

I can't believe he is the only guy who hasnt won an emmy for the Simpsons. Ofcourse the actors are suprub common let him have it; he has a lot of roles on the show. Now to say about Harry Shearer he is a cool guy that diserves and emmy for his outstanding voice acting.
  • Good actor

Unfortunately, somehow the review double posted so I have to make this edit different unless there's some way to delete reviews. Harry Shearer is a very impressive voice actor and has voiced many brilliant characters on the hit show, the simpsons which is indeed a great achievement. So well done, Harry Shearer on all your work on the great cartoon series
  • A brilliant simpson voice actor

What I find amusing about Harry Shearer's work on the Simpsons is that he often has conversations with himself between one of my favourite charcters, Charles Montgomery Burns and his lapdog, Waylon Smithers and Harry voices old people quite well.

Other than the subtle similarity between the voices of Principal Seymour Skinner and news anchor, Kent Brockman, Shearer can make every character sound different in a way that only he can.
  • Harry Shearer

He is another great voice actor around. I liked his voices on The Simpsons such as Ned Flanders, Principal Skinner just to name the few. If he quit The Simpsons then it won't be the same. I hope he stays with The Simpsons team till the end of the show because his voice is awesome.
  • The Simpsons wouldn't be the same without him

What do Mr. Burns, Reverend Lovejoy, Lenny, Smithers, and Ned Flanders have in common? Well, they're all voiced by the brilliant Harry Shearer. Mr. Shearer has a great knack for instilling life and wit into his characters, and he has proved this time and time again over the years. I feel he provides some of the funniest and most well-thought out voices on the show, and you really can't tell they're by the same person. The voices of Mr. Burns and Principal Skinner in particular never fail to hit the spot. Outside of Springfield Harry is probably best known for his portrayal of Derek Smalls in the cult classic "This Is Spinal Tap", which I saw for the first time only recently. While Derek didn't get as much screentime as the other two bandmembers I think Harry did a great job with the character. So, a round of applause for Harry Shearer!