Harvey Korman

Harvey Korman Fan Reviews (2)

• Harvey Korman was one of the best comedians of all time.

Harvey Korman was one of the best comedians and along with Tim Conway helped make "The Carol Burnett Show" one of the most popular shows during its run. Harvey began his career from working on radio and worked his way up to appear on a program put on by the late great actor Danny Kaye. After a short stint with that program, Harvey voiced the mysterious Great Gazoo on the popular prime time animated series, "The Flintstones". Harvey also played roles in a few movies and his best known movie was "Blazing Saddles" by Mel Brooks. Sadly Harvey Korman passed away in 2008. We have truly lost a great talent with his passing.
  • As an audience we loved to watch Tom Conway crack Mr. Korman up.

I am truly shocked. Earlier this week we lost Dick Martin and now I just learned about the death of Harvey Korman. He was 81. Harvey Korman was a truly special talent. He could be the comic relief on an episode of The Munsters and the play straight man to Carol Burnett and Tim Conway on the The Carol Burnett Show (He was both comic relief and straight man as Hedley Lamarr in the in the 1974 Mel Brooks comedy Blazing Saddles).

As a Child of Television, every Saturday night (Before SNL) ended with The Carol Burnett Show. Mr. Korman was a great utility man. He played the husband, the boss the father and the buddy. As an audience we loved to watch Tom Conway crack Mr. Korman up.

Of course I have to mention that Mr. Korman was also the voice of The Great Gazoo on The Flintstones.

Mr. Korman discusses his life and career in a series of interviews for the Archive of American Television.

To Quote Harvey Korman, "You asked what is the secret of a really good sketch. And it is a sketch is a small play. It's got a beginning, and a middle and an end. It should have a plot; it should have the characters, conflict. It is a little play. And in it, will be funny stuff".

Good Night Mr. Korman and thank you for all those funny Saturday nights.

Stay Tuned