Henry Rollins

Henry Rollins Fan Reviews (2)

• Best when he's being himself.

It's often hard to watch Henry Rollins when he is in a movie role. Whether it be the thug in <i>Heat</i>, the Doctor in <i>Johnny Mnemonic</i> or the nameless policeman in <i>Lost Highway</i>, there has always been something missing from his performace. It's the idea that he is playing someone else, and not being himself. That's why Rollins is best when he is just himself.

Rollins has made a career as a musician and an actor, but his philisophy is what makes him so unique. Not afraid to speak his mind, Rollins has his own opinions on everything and tells people. But while others simply follow the crowd, Rollins thinks about the issue before spouting out some rehashed rhetoric. He also understands what it's like to be poor and on the road as a member of the band. He remembers what it was like. But what makes Rollins a true star is even though on his show and on the musical stage he appears to be a violent angry man, when in fact he is also a kind person who actually listens to the people he interviews and thanks his fans politely after his shows. A class act, and someone who has achieved more balance in this life than any other person.
  • The Voice of Reason (sometimes)

Anyone who really knows me knows I love Henry Rollins. I think the man is brilliant. Where I don't always agree with his views and his anger (which has tappered off in recent years), he has a way of saying things that I want to agree with him.
    Both Henry Rollins and Kevin Smith are men that I could listen to talk for hour upon hours and not get bored. They have way with words that makes even extremely offensive material seem humorous and okay.
    With that said, Henry hasn't always been blessed with the best rolls on tv or movies. Remember him in Bad Boys 2? You really don't? Well that's no big suprise. His commanding presence is often covered and held back in weak and small roles that even he can't bring to life.
    I'd love to see him as a lead character in a film or tv show, and hopefully we will sooner than later.