Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie Fan Reviews (106)

• THIS ONES FOR YOU HUGH

APFN THE CURE FOR CANCER UPDATE 3

APFN THE CURE FOR LUPUS UPDATE 1

APFN THE CURE FOR HIV

APFN THE CURE FOR AUTISM

And for You Hugh

APFN THE CURE FOR MS

You are one fabulous actor Hugh, and your role was a tough one.

Kermudgeons are always tough to play, I know from experience.

Honorable Grace

Dr William B. Mount'

Knight of Malta - Russian

Captain (Ret) USA
  • The Best Actor

The best actor TV had brought to life!
  • Amazing Actor

I loved Hugh Laurie as House... it's the only show I've really watched on TV for the past year or more. He's intelligent, hardcore, sexy and brilliant, while at once capturing the complex thought processes of an addict with precision. I will definitely miss this show.
  • Smart and Sarcastic

I think he is the best of the best when it comes to acting, especially as Dr. House. He is extremely mean, a ruthless guy at times when it comes to his complex love situation, and he just plays his addictive role well. He is hot-tempered and a force to be reckoned with. He is a businessman, a no-nonsense man, and a doctor you ought to respect and be afraid of at the same time. I enjoy watching him act, because he plays the tired look well, the worrisome doctor, the serious maniac sometimes, and whatever other emotions he desires to share with us.... I am addicted to this show because of his acting like many others.
  • They definitely picked the best person for the part of Dr. House.

Maybe it's just because I've been watching it for so long, but honestly, it just seems like Hugh Laurie was born for this role. Not many actors could pull it off, but Hugh Laurie does it perfectly.!House's attitude is strange, to say the least. I would describe him as antisocial, sarcastic, rude, blunt, and sometimes just downright mean. It takes an amazing actor to portray a character with those qualities yet somehow still get the audience to love him. Even when you're shaking your head, wondering what kind of messed up and socially unacceptable thing he'll do next, you still have a soft spot in your heart for him and just want to see him happy.

• Epic....

Hugh Laurie is by far way way way top on my Favorite Actor list, from Stuart Little, the dad on it, to House, the insensitive smart alleck doctor medical person on House! He should receive an Emmy or Grammy or whatever in all of his roles. I found out that he was Dr. Cockroach Ph.D in Monsters vs Aliens. One thing that he is known for besides his awesome acting is his voice, he went from a brit to an American and then to a mad scientist! This man is wonderful at his job!

Dr. House for ever!!! Oh yeah.
  • Great one...

He is one of the best actors in history without any doubt.Unfortunately we regodnized him just a few years ago.
    He is a wonderful actor, I am ashamed to say that I didnt realize him until House. He is so well educated he went to Eton and Cambridge.
    He is so good at acting as "antisocial Dr. House" that millions of people become house fan. If some else played this role, it would do the same effect.
    He is also multi talented. He is really playing the piano and guitar in the series. He writes books. He has a cute english accent that I adore.
  • How is it possable that he hasn't won an Emmy

Hugh Laurie is by far the best actor on television. He makes us laugh and cry and through it words, actions, and expresstions makes us feel what Dr. House feels all while faking a limp and an American accent. I think it is truly a joke that he has not been awarded the Emmy yet (hes won practically every other award). Hugh Laurie does not just portray House Hugh Laurie IS House and that is what puts his not only steps but entire staircases above all of the other actos that we see on our televisions in todays world. :)
  • A Great actor, a Fine director, but as a producer...

He can act well. Comedies, drama, action; everything. "Lockdown" was very good, which he directed. As a producer of House in season 6, heis wanting. Bad choices. Complacent. Disloyal to artistic ideals he once advocated. At best he's passive and too accommodating, at worst, he's bought and sold. So, I must round out these scores: actor "10", director "8", and producer "1". I don't want to be harsh, I want to be honest. Extremely poor judgement with regards to his approval (or placidity)of the disappointing season 6 finale of House. Other performances were questionable, but none so much so as this. Also, Wooster was beyond unfunny with that damn trobone playing, that episode alone was enough to get that old series cancelled. Why would such a good actor give in to such demands, or did he suggest those scenes!? Also, he looks far older than his calendrical age denotes. He should talk louder sometimes during many performances because I often have difficulty understanding him. Sorry, these are facts. Hugh, avoid sunshine or use a sunbloc on your face, neck, and hands whenever your outside. If you smoke, work on cutting down at least. Remember, coffee isn't real energy. Exercise will energize you much better, will not impede mutrient absorption, won't make you nervous and crabby, and will not keep you from sleeping. When you're in public, smile more. Show your teeth, they look nice. No hotdogs, bacon, ground round, or cold cuts. Use sunglasses, everyday. If you take my advice you'll look younger and feel younger too. I hope this is helpful. I still think you're a great actor, by the way. Good luck.
  • I really have enjoyed most of Hugh Laurie work especially his collaborations with stephen Frye.

I personally loved his work on Black Adder best but I also really enjoy House. House just seems like he is playing a little more serious and more intelligent version of the character Edmund Blackadder(as played by Rowan Atkinson) Americanized and without Baldrick. I am an American thats always relished Brittish Hummor. Its evident from reading about Hugh that he puts a lot of creativity and talent into whatever project or character he portrays no matter how big or small the role. I just watched most of the latest season of House back to back last night. I rather enjoyed House's comeuppance as it were by the cop he harassed.
  • Talent!!!

Secretly I think that people are just watching Hugh Laurie, not House. He is one of the most brilliant men around. Actor, musician, writer, comedian, athlete; you name it, he's done it! Blackadder was the first thing I saw him in and he made George my favourite character. If you want to see Hugh Laurie before House transformed him and made him famous in the States, you should watch either Blackadder the Third or Blackadder goes Forth- it is very good comedy. Then I discovered House and I thought wow! That's Hugh Laurie! He's completely different! He brings a lot to every role he plays and is simply a great actor.
  • Hugh Laurie

Hugh Laurie is really a great actor, musican, comedian. (and much more)
    I didn't even know Hugh before I saw him on House.
    On house he shows us, he can really act! &
    he is really funny and i always laugh a lot when i watch house and even when I watch intervieuws xD

Later i found out that he played in an episode of friends, wich i absolutly loved!
    And there I found out he's accuatly british!
    I never knwe that because his american accent on House is soo good!

I just love how he plays house, there's nobody who can do it better.

So watch House!
  • Extremely versatile actor!

Anyone who knows Laurie from Black Adder or Jeeves and Wooster, knows what an incredible comedian he is. I wasn't sure how this role was going to work for him. House. He says what he needs to in order to get his own way, or to get the reaction he wants. This is not called speaking the truth. He is a liar. I have read many reviews, mostly by males, who proclaim that the character House speaks the truth! Do you people actually watch the show??

Laurie is still brilliant! (In the British slang meaning of the word.) He's still often silly, but he has the dark and brooding 5-year-old-in-the-body-of-a-40+-year-old-man thing down to an art. My husband is still too often a lot like this character, except that he's not at all brilliant. I do wish that they would explore the difference between: 1. Someone who says things straight, because they cannot be bothered by social conventions.
    2. Someone who says things straight, because they don't understand the encoded speech that other people use.
    3. Someone who says things a certain way (even brutally) to get what they want.
    4. Someone who cannot be bothered to think about what they really mean, so just says the first thing that slides into their 2 functional brain cells. I find that many people fit into the last category when they say rude things. Oddly, they genuinely don't comprehend why others expect them to think before opening their mouths. Being an Asperger's Mensch, I fit into the second.

I liked the episode of House where Wilson tried to claim House was an Aspie. Being brilliant in both logic and music, it is a possibility – expect, Aspies cannot lie like he does. They have too strong a sense of right and wrong. It's part of their inflexibility. Aspies are often much more mature than the 'neuro-typicals' with regards to their understanding of right and wrong and the need for rules and laws. 'Neuro-typicals' are usually too childish to comprehend this. Thus they lie to get their own way and to avoid taking the consequences of their decisions. This character was extremely enjoyable, until Season 3. That's where his childish egocentrism shows itself. 'Mindlessly banging your head against the wall just because you shouldn't' is fine – but not if it drags down the people around you. This character would, in the immortal words of my grandmother from Kentucky, "cut-off his nose to spite his face." Living in Germany, I'll have to order Season 4 before updating my review. I thought the end of Season 3 was good. I think that it was in character for Foreman and Cameron to quit, and for Chase to finally get fired.

Laurie's work on Black Adder was riotous! The faces that he would make could send you rolling in the aisles! Anytime you get Fry and Laurie together, you better have 911 dialled into the telephone and waiting to be called. Someone may have to stop a laugh attack or scrape you off the floor! No offence, but Laurie is not a handsome man. His character, House, often has a certain charm – or so I find. Then again, I find most people who are such geniuses that they might could be mistaken for an idiot savant to be attractive. Personal problem on my part. Many women have a weakness for dark, brooding men - even jerks. This explains a good deal of the female fascination with the character of House. Men are just as desirous of having everything their way, so they idolize House's manipulation tactics and tell themselves he's just being honest. Bold-face lying is being honest? Therapy.

Brilliant actor! Interesting characters! Beautifully portrayed!
  • A great performer...

What can you say about an actor like Hugh Laurie? He is one of those guys that you love to meet in person. Not just because he is famous or that he is good-looking (that is a plus), but because of WHO he is.

The man himself is well educated, with a degree in Anthropology from Cambridge University. I always find it interesting to see him on talk shows and hear his wonderful English accent: and yet, when he is acting on House he can cover it up so well. He is also a writer. His first book: "The Gun Seller" was a thirller spoof. The second novel, "The Paper Soldier", has not been released yet. And for those of you who watch the show and wonder if that is really him playing the piano or guitar, it is. Laurie is a gifted musician and can play several instruments (guitar, drums, piano, saxophone, and harmonica). He is also a member of 16.9, a celebrity band, and plays keyboard for the band Poor White Trash.

All in all, a truly well rounded man that is makes the show "House." Glad to watch him whenever I can...
  • Hugh: Is a fantastic actor that plays his charictor to the hilt.

House
    First let me say that it's too bad that Amber died I guess not every one can get a miricle cure.
    Now for the house charictor you play the part with excellently but, your charictor is too hard it needs to show a little more respect for others you should ask the writers to tame down House just a little. I'm hopeing that they put you and Cuddy a little closer love it when you to get together. Your script by far must be difficult the medical terms and House's staff you all play such a wounderful part a fan
  • Incredible actor.

Hugh Laurie is, without a doubt, one of the greatest actors currently working in television. His performance as Dr. House on "House M.D." has been consistently brilliant and has resulted in millions of fans becoming enamored by his curmudgeonly physician character. His acting is indisputably excellent, but when you take into account that Hugh must mask his British accent during his performance, it becomes all the more impressive.

I hope that someone in Hollywood takes notice and casts Mr. Laurie in a decent movie in the near future. He is a major talent and one that should be utilized more often.
  • One of the most underrated actors.

I know Hugh Laurie has received some recognition over the last few years, but he has been one of television's best for quite some time. He has had some very nice roles in his careers and has displayed a unique versatility in his career. He's played with American accents, Brittish accents, Scottish accents, and what not. There aren't too many actors and actresses that are as varied as he is. I think that he seems to be getting better with age and it also seems that he has improved every decade. He is a very good actor and may be a great. Thank you.
  • Gregory House rulez

If i can say who`s the boos definietly I say " the boss is Hugh Laurie". I know that guy only from one thing ... from being Dr. Gregory House in M.D. House serial but I can say for 100% that is enough for getting opinion - my opinion. When I saw him first time I think "ah sure It`s one of million totally normal actor`s from popular serial`s, but not I was wrong he is totally different. He has that thing which make him special ( something like Sylar in Heroes :P of course I`m just kidding but is something like that )when he must be funny he is funny , I crying after his joke`s ( really :) ) , but when situation is drama he is totally serious and that is amazing for me, this is that talent which I admire . He`s doing that so really good , I`m so so impressed. Of course maybe only I like him ironic sense of humour but I believe his fan`s is thousands. It`s everything about Gregory House, I don`t try to speak about real Hugh Laurie because i don`t know him but i think he must be nice guy too :)
  • This show is one of my all time favorites. I hope it last for many years to come.

House just keeps getting better. This show is one of the best no doubt about it. House is a complicated person, but is he really? All the characters have lives that are filled with human secrets and desires. They all interact with each other in a way most people don't. House brings these characters together with such force that they really don't know what hit them. He makes them face their fears and doubts in life just like his patients. He is a straight shooter which is one of the reasons I love him so much. To some people he may be rude or brash, but he tells the truth and doesn't regret his words.
  • Everybody needs House

I think his Character on House is one of my favorite characters on TV. I really mean it!! Just the way he portrates DR. House makes him so fascinating. I almost crack up everytime he opens his mouth or when he is doing an action only House can do. He has amazing eyes!! I remember in 11th grade my and my friend were fighting on who was the biggest house fan and we would exchange pictures if him during our chat sessions. I have to tell you, that she a real house freak, bigger that me. I think he's good looking, she wants to sleep with him... on that I have to go...Ciao
  • Own Tv Show Now!

Hugh Laurie its the perfect man of comedy Dr. House its awsome i laugh of his jokes and sarcasm the show its really awsome but imagine it withotu House the show it will go downhill fast not because the show its call "HOUSE" or anything but i mean it in the piramid Laurie its the base, the centre,the equilibrium wihout him by by House its an awsome actor that i said it before and im gonna tell it until i died (joke :):)) or at least my wish acomplished this guy needs his Own Talk Show to complete his career
    A 10 out of 10 for Laurie (because this site has only until that number)
    :):)
  • don't even know where to begin, this is what I've been looking for in an actor for a long time. Absolutely marvellous, mind blowing in a class of his own. Simply beautiful acting

Hugh Laurie is simply fantastic! He got to me in a way that few people rarely do. I haven't seen such spectacular showing in a long while and don't care what time, when or what am doing, he's got me glued. Absolutely marvelous, mind blowing and he makes other shows particularly medical shows look like one line pathetic shows.This is it, simply put, television at its peak. Would'nt want it another way, would'nt have it another way. Anyday, anytime am down. P:S where was he hidden prior to house and am stuck for opinion coz I don't know how his acting would be if he were cast in another role but for the moment, Dr. House is enough for me to place him amongst my greats of all time.
  • A truly skilled and diligent talent who's dedication to his craft has found him acclaim all over the world.

Hugh Laurie got his start at the renowned Footlights Dramatic club after a bout of glandular fever made him take time off from the rowing team. We fans are very thankful to glandular fever and feel we owe it a great deal of gratitude. It was in Footlights that Hugh Laurie met Stephen Fry, who would become his comedy partner. Early Hugh Laurie TV favorites are Blackadder, A Bit Of Fry And Laurie, and Jeeves And Wooster. His work in motion pictures is also impressive, but often in the wings, so to speak. Sense And Sensibility, Spiceworld, The Man In The Iron Mask, Stuart Little, Life With Judy Garland: Me And My Shadows (a made for TV B-movie prize), and Street Kings.

It was his role as Dr. Gregory House that caught the most attention, and still does. He is signed to do the series House, M.D. until the end of the 2011-2012 season.

So thank you glandular fever. Without you, we might not have enjoyed so many shining performances.
  • One of the all-time great actors in one of today's best shows on television.

Hugh Laurie is quite simply one of today's greatest actors, it just amazes me how long it took him to get recognised in America, which is thanks to hit-show House MD.

Already a recipient of two Golden Globes and a Screen Actors Guild award for the role of Dr. Gregory House - with hopefully an overdue Emmy to join that in a few days time, Hugh has just excelled where many Brits have failed - cracking the US market.

He is also noted for appearances in Blackadder, Jeeves and Wooster, and the children's film Stuart Little.

Maybe one day he might also land a great role that could nab him an Oscar - Hugh, as you reach your 50th year, we raise a glass to you and hope you can continue where you've started from.
  • This guy is crazy awesome. That pretty much sums it up.

This guy is crazy awesome. That pretty much sums it up. He is British, but on House he sounds so different that it's scary. Watch this video and listen to his accent. It is so creepy!

http://youtube.com/wa tch?v=MSVBprY-WVs

He hasn't really been in anything that I have seen besides House, except for Valiant. I don't remember hearing anything that sounded like his "American" voice, so he must have been talking regularly in this movie. That leads me to believe that he talks like normally does in most cases. Of course he will most likely do whatever the script tells him to. I looked on his imdb and he is going to be in 1 upcoming movie, called The Night Watchman, to come out in 2008. The movie has something to do with a cop that is having trouble coping with the loss of his wife. Hugh Laurie is one of the main characters in it apparently, so I think, since he has proven that his strong point in acting is struggle, that he will play the troubled cop.
  • One of my favoirte actors.

He can play any type of charatcer and do one hell of a job. He has such a witty humor; one of the many reasons I love him. He wowed me at his role as the main charatcer in house. To be able to do such a complex role such as Dr.House so well was just amazing. This man should be given an award for his acting skills and so much more. Overall he is, to say the least, talented and has his own type of style. It is only a bonus that he is also so damn good looking. =D
  • From Britain to America, from Comedy to Drama - the classification of Talented could (and should) turn to an All-Time Great!

Later, with Jeeves and Wooster (Jeeves played perfectly by Stephen Fry), he achieved full bloom as a comedic actor, and the two continued on with the sketch show Laurie and Fry. And, for most, that would be enough, but that was just the beginning of the breakthrough for Laurie: he was cast as Gregory House, MD - a Brit, now with an American accent, playing a grouchy, intensive misantrope who captured our hearts - and liver and spleen while we're at it.
    His range can, in my opinion, be likened to that of Dustin Hoffman, and the best thing of it is - Laurie's not done yet! If there is any justice in showbiz, major movies with Laurie in prominent roles are next!Starting out in Britain with Black Adder was what turned most to Laurie, but as he was basicall a twit there, I didn't notice as much :-)
  • Remarkably talented actor, comedian, author, and musician.

If you're not convinced of Hugh Laurie's talent through his work on House, you're only getting a small part of it. Check out his work on Black Adder, Jeeves and Wooster, and A Bit of Fry and Laurie. From his roots in the Cambridge Footlights, his gift for humor embraces the witty and urbane, the deadpan delivery, as well as the frequent googly-eyed expressions.

He's also written The Gun Seller, which is a book I highly recommend. It's reminiscent of Douglas Adams' works, particularly Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency. And if you ever catch an appearance of the Band from TV, check out his work on the keys. Remarkable.
  • This guy is crazy awesome. That pretty much sums it up.

• Complex, Funny, and one amazing actor.

Hugh Laurie plays one of the more complex caharcter and I think that he shows what amazing acting skills he does have by playing this roll. I think that complex characters have the upperhand when it comes down to it because they are the foundation that hold the show together. Now I am not saying that the others are not important they are just as important they help the main copmplex character hold the show so it doesn't crumble into a million pieces. Without these great actors we would have nothing to watch and Tuesdays without House would just be completely dull.

Not only does he play this part very well he has a hilarious dry sense of humour and I couln't imagine a House with out him in it. No other actor could ever live up to the way Hugh Laurie plays his part.
< 1 2 3 4