Idina Menzel

Idina Menzel Fan Reviews (15)

• Check out Idina Menzel's widget!

I just recently became aware of Idina Menzel's music and I think she is just wonderful! She is so incredibly talented, beautiful, and unique! I thought some of her fans might like to take a look at her widget and maybe even post it to their Myspace or Facebook accounts! (there are lots of other profiles/sites you can post it on, too!) Please help spread the word about this remarkable woman! :) There are too many people are currently unaware of her music so we need to spread the word to allow more people to experience how wonderful she is! http://www.clearspring.com/widgets/48583b018da8aa42
  • Idina Menzel is the breath of fresh air in the stagnant pool of American entertainment.

This woman is a force of nature, I'll agree with Miriam Margoyles. Idina has proven she's got chops- singing, acting, you name it. I have yet to see this woman try something and fail to do it. Well. She's an incredible talent, and very original, a welcome reprieve from an industry in which everyone seems the same after a while. Her originality, her depth of character, and her vibrace and life continue to shine in whatever project she takes on. She is classy, she is talented, and if I should ever have a daughter, I hope she finds someone like Idina Menzel to look up to, instead of the many Paris Hiltons and Nicole Richies in the world. Idina is truly original and a blessing to the entertainment industry, and I am proud to call myself her fan.
  • empty

She was phenomenal in Wicked...well, ok, i didn't SEE wicked, but i have the OBCR and her voice is absolutely breathe taking!
  • wicked , this woman is wicked

wicked , this woman is wicked , really , I live England so I went to go see the musical 'wicked' in London with my drama group and I got the chance to see her as Elphaba and she was brilliant , smashing , terrific , wicked !!!! I havn't gotten a chance to hear or buy her album 'still I can't be still' . she has been nominated for preformences in 'Wicked' , 'rent' , 'see what I wanna see' and 'wild party' . she has won a tony award for 'best leading actress in musical' and has won the Broadway.com Audience Award for best onstage pair with Kristin Chenoweth . I think she is really good .
  • Idina Rocks!

Idina Menzel is totally amazing. Thats all I can say. Or not, since I need 100 words. I love Wicked, happen to be listening to it at the moment, acctually, and am being introdouced to Rent by a good friend who's taste I am inclined to trust. I acctualy did Idina for my Hero Speech at my Bat Mitzvah, seeing as how she is Jewish, and I am an aspiring actress myself. I cannot wait for Enchanted to come out. What else can I say? She is amazing. I saw her in Wicked on Broadway, and she was unbelievably wonderful.
  • empty

Idina is the hotteststar on the Broadway stage. Her beautiful voice and convincing performance really grasp hold on the audiance.
  • empty

• Idina Menzel is one of the great women of the stage of our time.

Menzel's career took off when she played Maureen Johnson in RENT on Broadway for which she received a Tony nomination for her performance which was described as intimidatingly good. During RENT she met Husband Taye Diggs and they went on to co-star in several shows together. Following RENT Idina took over the role of Amneris in the Broadway production of Aida (which also featured RENT star Adam Pascal), along with the Broadway production of See What I Wanna See. Ms. Menzel's career then was reborn when she became Elphaba in the broadway production of Wicked for which she won the Tony. Following Wicked, Menzel appeared as Maureen in the feature film version of RENT, and also appeared with critical rave as Vera in Ask The Dust. Menzel also filmed Enchanted before heading to London's West End to reprise her role in the London production of Wicked. Menzel took her final bow in London's Wicked in December of 2006. She is no doubt getting some well-earned rest, but most believe it won't be long before we hear from her again.
  • Idina Menzel is truly amazing. She got her start as a wedding singer and got her big break when she was cast as Maureen in Rent. She went on to star in the Rent movie in 2005. She also won a Tony for her role of Elphie in the musical Wicked.

Idina Menzel is the definition of amazing. She can sing, act, and dance (though she claims she can't, we've all seen the Tango: Maureen). Even though she is so amazingly talented, she's extremely humble. Also, even though she's become a huge celebrity of musical theater, she doesn't act like it at all. If you see her in interviews, she jokes around and is completely genuine. You know that her answer isn't something made up by a publicist, but what she really thinks/what really happened/what's really happening,etc....Idina may not be the biggest star in Hollywood yet, but after Enchanted comes out, I wouldn't be surprised if she becomes a household name within a year.
  • Idina Menzel is one of my favorite people. She has an awesome voice, great acting skills, and has a generally nice personality.

Getting her start in the off-Broadway \'mess\' called RENT, it later took her to super-stardom as the querky and rebellious bisexual Maureen from Long Island. Idina starred alongside Taye Diggs (her future husband), Anthony Rapp, Adam Pascal, Wilson Jermain Heredia, Jesse L. Martin, Daphne Rubin-Vega, and Fredi Walker. Her performance as Maureen will be remembered as one of the Broadway greats, famously known for her fantastic protest \'Over the Moon\' (Moo with me!).

After leaving RENT, she dabbled in other off-Broadway productions before stumbling across Wicked in San Fransico. She got the role of Elphaba, the Wicked Witch of the West, and once again made it to Broadway, this time in green makeup. She co-starred with Kristen Chenoweth, and even her husband Taye Diggs on a few occasions.

Idina left Wicked and did some movie and tv spots, as well as more off-Broadway productions such as \'See What I Wanna See\'. In 2005, she reprised her role as Maureen for the movie version of RENT, along with 5 other Original Broadway Cast members. In late 2006 she is going to be Elphaba again, this time for the London production of Wicked.

Idina is a very accomplished Broadway actress, and I hope that someday I can go see her live. Rock on, girl. :D
  • I can't put into words how amazing she is.

Idina is one of the best singers of our time. Her voice is truly beautiful. She's a part of the original Broadway cast of the rock opera "Rent" and the musical "Wicked". She currently has two solo albums out, "Here" and "Still I Can't Be Still". Idina currently lives in New York City, with her husband, Taye Diggs, and their cats and dogs.
  • Idina Menzel who was the original Maureen in Jonathan Larson's "Rent." Menzel starred in off-Broadway version of the musical in 1994 and moved with that cast onto Broadway in 1995.

Idina Menzel who was the original Maureen in Jonathan Larson's "Rent." Menzel starred in off-Broadway version of the musical in 1994 and moved with that cast onto Broadway in 1995. The show ran on Broadway from approximantly 1995-1997 and was an instant hit, but so was Menzel's protrayal of Maureen. Maureen is a character who goes with her heart instead of her head. She believes in people and cares deeply for her life partner, Joann. This role was made for Menzel. Recently, her and 5 of her original cast members from the staged version of "Rent" reunited to film a major motion picture out of the phenominon in 2005. The film is now out on DVD. Because her performance blew me away, it gave me total confidence that Menzel would be fantastic in her own television series. She is one of those actresses who you could craft a specific role around, and she would be more than able to pull it off.
  • She is so talented, I can't even describe her amaziness in one word!

Idina Menzel is one of the all time greatest actresses and in my opinion singers. She started in Rent and played Maureen. She then moved on to play Elphaba in Wicked. The music in Wicked is very complex, so I can't believe how well she sang her solos! I believe that she won a tony award her he performances in both musicals. Idina also starred in the movie Rent as Maureen.
  • Wow. . . she is AMAZING!

Idina Menzel is amazingly talented. She started out in Rent, as Maureen, the bisexual preformance artist. I saw her in that role and fell in love instantly. She has such a raw energy and a sopontaneous singing style which just makes every show with her so exciting and passionate. She won a Tony for that preformace and complelty desevered it. 8 years after Rent, Idina got her biggest break - Elphaba in the tony-awarding winning Wicked. Words cannot describe listening to her sing Defying Gravity. She is incredible, one really relates and understands to the character. Her passion is amazing. She was a strong, beautiful chest voice, but her normal voice is great as well. She also is not the stuck-up star type - the hords of Wicked fans creeped her out, so she went to small theater (See What I Wanna See) in order to shake some of them off. Buy her CDs, see the Rent movie, I dont care, but you have to hear this girl sing. It is incredible and words really cannot describe how good and passionite she is at what she does
  • She's utterably talented. She can sing, dance, and act. Idina carries on good skills like no one else. She should be a bigger star, and I bet that after Rent people will be noticing her more. Rent is also a personal favorite. I cannot wait to see Idina in

Idina Menzel has that remarkable, unique voice like no one else. She can dance, sing and act. Idina is coming out, this year, in the official RENT movie. And fans, seriously, can't wait. I know that I, as a fan, am waiting, impatiently, to see how the movie comes out. And to see if it's better than the play itself. Idina will be as wonderful as she is on stage and on screen. She rocks.