Jack Kirby

Jack Kirby Fan Reviews (2)

• Jack is the King of Comics!

Jack Kirby created or co-created Captain America, The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, The Hulk, The X-Men, Iron Man, Daredevil, Thor, The Avengers, The Silver Surfer, The Fourth World Series, Romance Comics, and a host of other comics and characters.

The New York Times, in a Sunday op-ed piece written more than a decade after his death, said Kirby:
    ... created a new grammar of storytelling and a cinematic style of motion. Once-wooden characters cascaded from one frame to another - or even from page to page - threatening to fall right out of the book into the reader's lap. The force of punches thrown was visibly and explosively evident. Even at rest, a Kirby character pulsed with tension and energy in a way that makes movie versions of the same characters seem static by comparison.[81]

Michael Chabon, in his afterword to his Pulitzer Prize-winning novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay, a fictional account of two early comics pioneers, wrote, "I want to acknowledge the deep debt I owe in this and everything else I've ever written to the work of the late Jack Kirby, the King of Comics."
  • a wonderful man and a great visonary for the comic book industry

jack kirby was great man he changed things in the comic book industry he helped create projects with stan lee such as the fantastic four and other huge projects even theough he is gone alot of the work he did has been transformed into newer comics or movies. he has set up a fondation and there was some disputes between the living relitives and marvel studios saying he has not gotten right amount of money and things and his family wanted to be th soul amout of right to things. to me jack kirby would not have wanted that even thought he had some things towards marvel.