Jack Lemmon

Jack Lemmon Fan Reviews (2)

• The greatest actor of the 70's, 80's and 90's

Jack Lemmon was a true classical actor. He was a true movie star, a his television appearances were greatly anticipated and if you were really lucky you would see him on stage.

Jack was a great comedian and a classic dramatic actor. He recieved his fame on Broadway for Mister Roberts with Henry Fonda and then won the Oscar for the film adaptation. Then he won a second Oscar for his dramatic turn in Save the Tiger. He also received another 6 Best Actor nominations.

He recieved 2 Tony Award nominations for Best Actor in a Play for Tribute and Long Day's Journey into Night.

He received 2 Emmy Awards - Best Variety Special - 's Wonderful, 's Marvelous, 's Gershwin and Best Actor in a Drama Special for Tuesday's With Morrie.

Add to this 4 Golden Globes (in both film and TV) with 22 Nominations

It is obvious that he is one of the greats of our time!
  • great comedic actor.

Jack Lemmon was a great actor he played in a lot of great movies mostly with Walter Matthau, but he did play in other movies without Matthau, My favorite one is My Fellow Americans that he plays in with James Garner, Dan Aykroyd, and John Heard. It was a funny movie and like I said my favorite of his that he does not play in with Walter Matthau, my favorite with them together are Grumpy Old Men and Grumpier Old Men.