Jack Lord

Jack Lord Fan Reviews (3)

• One of my first "favourite" TV series ever...

...was, is and ever-more shall be, Hawaii Five-0. And largely, that is because of Jack Lord.

I don't much listen to the attempted character assassinations that take place for Jack, because I can imagine most of it was born of jealously. It is tough to be a person of principles and integrity at the best of times, but to have to be that and be so public a figure at the same time, must have been difficult.

Thankfully he endured, and I think this character trait lent itself beautifully to his work; certainly with the one and only "Steve McGarrett". This show and this character are timeless and not many performers these days will be remembered, even iconic, across generations.

I enjoyed him on Twelve O'Clock High as the elder but no less goal oriented big brother Gallagher! He and Paul Burke on the same show?: Heaven! Burke returned the favour with a guest shot on H5-0 too.

I faithfully buy the H5-0 DVD's as they come out, and have myself a viewing marathon with each one of them. I was really young when the show was airing, but I guess, when you're the gold standard, you remain relevant. That goes for the show, and for Mr. Jack Lord!
  • The man was totally original. He wasn't like anyone else and didn't want to be. He could play any part and no one else could ever take over the parts he played. He made them his own and kept them that way.

First, let me say that I had the pleasure to have Jack Lord as a dear friend. He was loving, kind and generous to a fault. I first saw him as Stoney Burke. After that, I read and collected everything I could find about him. I even have a My Space and Yahoo group for him. The man was totally original. He wasn't like anyone else and didn't want to be. He was down-to-earth and you always knew where you stood with him. I could talk to him about anything. No matter what the man did, it was original. He could play any part and no one else could ever take over the parts he played. He made them his own. He kept them that way. He didn't like the star treatment and didn't mind being called Jack. He smiled when I'd call him Stoney or McGarrett. He said once that he didn't mind signing autographs and would sign them as long as it made people happy.

He was no prima donna ever. Yes, he was a tough business man and had high expectations of those he worked with because he had high expectations of himself. After all, he'd be the one criticized if the final product was bad.

Sadly, there are very few originals left. There are very few real craftsmen left. Jack Lord sets a standard which others can aspire to. He was a man of faith, character, talent, versatility and a lot more. I am proud to have known him. I for one will always love and remember him -- not just as an actor, but as my dear friend.
  • Great and wonderful!

I really liked him on Hawaii Five-O as that was
    His show and despite others thinking that he was a
    Prima donna, without Jack Lord, there would be no show like
    That and that he made the show work. Great actor and
    Really stood out despite to the chargin of his co-stars!
    Miss him a lot! He is irreplacable!