Jack Lord

Jack Lord Fan Reviews (3)

• The man was totally original. He wasn't like anyone else and didn't want to be. He could play any part and no one else could ever take over the parts he played. He made them his own and kept them that way.

First, let me say that I had the pleasure to have Jack Lord as a dear friend. He was loving, kind and generous to a fault. I first saw him as Stoney Burke. After that, I read and collected everything I could find about him. I even have a My Space and Yahoo group for him. The man was totally original. He wasn't like anyone else and didn't want to be. He was down-to-earth and you always knew where you stood with him. I could talk to him about anything. No matter what the man did, it was original. He could play any part and no one else could ever take over the parts he played. He made them his own. He kept them that way. He didn't like the star treatment and didn't mind being called Jack. He smiled when I'd call him Stoney or McGarrett. He said once that he didn't mind signing autographs and would sign them as long as it made people happy.

He was no prima donna ever. Yes, he was a tough business man and had high expectations of those he worked with because he had high expectations of himself. After all, he'd be the one criticized if the final product was bad.

Sadly, there are very few originals left. There are very few real craftsmen left. Jack Lord sets a standard which others can aspire to. He was a man of faith, character, talent, versatility and a lot more. I am proud to have known him. I for one will always love and remember him -- not just as an actor, but as my dear friend.