Jaleel White

Jaleel White Fan Reviews (16)

• Funniest actor ever

Jaleel was the funniest actor ever. All of the shows he was on were as funny as all of his camo appearances. My favorite was his appearance on full house.
  • Jaleel White is a great actor and a 10 in my book forever.

I think Jaleel White is a great actor always has been and always will be. I also think he is really cute. I think that he has really gotten cuter over the years. And I know not many of you agree with me on this but I thought he was even cute when he played Steve Urkel. I mean just cause of the glasses why wouldn't anyone think he was cute. Cause he was. Those glasses didn't change a thing about him. As far as I see it. Does anyone agree with that? I also think he is a very sweet person. Jaleel White is a 10 in my book cause I am a huge fan of his and always will be!
  • Love him on "Family Matters".

When he did "Dancing with the Stars" I gave him a chance. But now he is soooooooooooo full of himself.
  • Jaleel was LOL hilarious in family matters he is a talented actor who has ever been on a sitcom

Jaleel was LOL hilarious in family matters he is a talented actor who has ever been on a sitcom. Jeleel never got the credit he deserves for playing Steve Urkel the nerdy kid who was in love with Laura. He always did Urkel's posture, strut, and voice perfectly. He never slipped up on Steve's lines, and I guess that was why Family Matters was such a hilarious and successful show. Steve Urkel was the backbone of Family Matters. Even I think it really sucks that Hollywood has only thought of Jaleel White as Steve Urkel. They should give him his own show maybe as a dad raising his kids or a show like all of us or girlfriends.
  • He had only had one main role in his career, that of Steve Urkel, but he deserves a Hollywood star just for these performances.

I watch Family Matters. Not for the lighthearted stories and sometimes dramatic plots, not for the well-crafted plotlines, not for the danegrous adventures of the family cop. No. I watch Family Matters for the character that this guy plays. And it is classic.

My main question is this: where is he now? You never hear Jaleel White's name anymore, but why not? He still should be a prominent television star in my opinion, because he has a perfect way of forming his image to mold a million different characters. For example, you had the wacky, clumsy, yet lovable Steve Urkel. Then you had his alter ego, Stephan Urquelle. He portrayed both characters beautifully, and I wonder why he has been thrust out of spotlight like this. He still should be a household name, if you ask me.
  • A very good actor.

Jaleel White made Steve Urkel a t.v. icon. His character was so original that you really can't find a television character that is like him. He simply made Family Matters a must see show and kept it running. To be honest, this was a hilarious show whenever he was on screen. He added a big dose of comedy in such a unique, yet annoying way. It's a shame that he hasn't been on television much since his stint on Family Matters. It would have been nice for him to catch on with another show, but I think that because he is a good actor, he will always be remembered as the annoying, pencil necked nerd Steve Urkel. Thank you.
  • Imagine going through your life seen as only the character you created---and nothing else

Many to this day, only see him as "the Urkel kid". My heart goes out to him. It's so sad to be seen as one person for the rest of his life and not reconized as anything else. I understand now why he made that comment about putting himself out of his misery if he ever went back to that kind of a role. He is forever living in the shadow of a monster that he created and will never escape. I wish him luck and hopefully he knows that I and everyone else support him for who he is, not for "who" he is.
  • LOL! One of the most hilarious and talented actors ever to star in a sitcom.

There is no one in the world who could have done a better job playing Steve Urkel than Jaleel White. He always did Urkel’s posture, strut, and voice perfectly. He never slipped up on Steve’s lines, and I guess that was why Family Matters was such a hilarious and successful show. Steve Urkel was the backbone of Family Matters. Even as Steve’s alter ego, Stefan Urquelle, Jaleel did a fantastic job. It was amazing to see how fast he was able to adjust from a squeaky-voiced nerd to someone cool and smooth-talking. Jaleel White is a great actor. I just wish he was appreciated and used more.
  • Wow! He hit the nail right on the forehead with his performance of Urkel and Sonic The Hedgehog.

Yes, he sure did. Jaleel White is an all-time great. I just love him playing Steve Urkel on Family Matters. “Got any Cheese” “Did I do that? Whoops, I did.” I heard a rumor once that he committed suicide. That was 100% false. What kind of idiot will believe that silly rumor anyway? He also did a great performance of Sonic The Hedgehog and I can’t wait to buy the DVD boxed set. I hope the interview with Jaleel White is good on the DVD because I am saving up money to purchase it at Amazon.

Too bad his TV.com survey had few entries. He should be nominated for one of the greatest actors of all time.
  • Sonic the Hedgehog!!!

I personally like him because he's the voice of Sonic the Hedgehog! The original voice, though. I also like Jaleel White because he's also Steven Q. Urkel! Family Matters just wouldn't be the same without Jaleel! I know he rarely appeared in the first season, but when his character was expanded, the show kept getting better and better! I'd have to disagree with those who hate Steven Urkel because Steven keeps the entire show together! Also, what I like about Jaleel as Sonic, well, it would almost come to the conclusion that Sonic is indeed black! Long live Jaleel White!!!
  • "Did I do thhhhatttt???"-Urkel

My favourite role of Jaleel White's carrer would have to be his role as loveable lunitic Steve Urkel on "Family Matters". Right before he came on the show was a few episodes from being cancelled but Urkel saved the day! He is a very original actor and him on "Family Matters" is one great great role. I get the feeling from his TV appearences that he resents his role now though because he seems so angry when interviewers even bring up Urkel. I mean yeah it must be obnoxious but it got him star status and cash so you can't hate it all that much. Also I e-mailed him through his website asking for a autograph and I never got a reply! But of course those things don't take away the fact that Jaleel is a very funny actor. I liked him in Sonic The Hedgehog cartoons as well. He really is a great actor.
  • As Sonic, he was great but Ryan Drummond is better

He is one of my favourite Sonic voice actors. He provided an excellent voice espiecially in the American Sonic cartoons "The Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog" (AoStH) "Sonic The Hedgehog" (Sat-AM) and "Sonic Underground" (SU). I liked all of those cartoons listed and thought Jaleel White was one of the better Sonic voice actors. He gave him a cool, smooth attitude and an easy-going personality. That's why I fell in love with the previous three Sonic cartoons. He is very good overall, but I prefer Ryan Drummond. But he is MUCH better than the 4kids Sonic X's Jason Griffith.
  • As Sonic he's good, but Ryan Drummond beats him in voice acting and a voice. Still he is better then Jason Griffith.

This was the first voice I knew Sonic the Hedgehog by when DIC chose him to voice Sonic in the series they were producing based of Sega's Sonic the Hedgehog games. In some ways these days I am really sick of how older fans obsess over this voice rather then giving the new one a try. When I heard Ryan Drummond, he sounded like a Teenage, less nasally and more energetic version of Jaleel White and I fell in love with that voice for Sonic. However then came the worst Sonic voice of all. Jason Griffith was used for a 4Kids dub of Sonic\'s new anime titled Sonic X. He sounds dorky for both Ryan and Jaleel and nothing perfect like either of them. Ryan is the best but Jaleel is 2nd best and he would have been a better replacement for Sonic over Jason Griffith, face it, Griffith is a bad voice actor. I've lost respect for Yuji Naka over this decision. Ryan 1st then Jaleel 2nd will ALWAYS be Sonic in my mind, Jason can NEVER replace them.

Other then Sonic, his performance of Steve Urkel was very funny and such, he was always a character I enjoyed, I also enjoyed his cameo in the movie "Big Fat Lier". This guy is good and comes off as one of my most well known actors.
  • So funny!

He is a great actor and is so funny. Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny FuFunny Funny Funny Funny Funny nny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny FuFunny Funny Funny Funny Funny nny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny Funny FuFunny Funny Funny
  • Jaleel White is one talented guy!

Jaleel White has got to be one of my favorite tv show actors! He is a truly talented! He was absolutely amazing when he played Steve Urkel. His funny glasses and his goofy high pitched naisly voice was great!

When I discovered Jaleel did the voice of Sonic on the DIC Sonic cartoons I couldn't believe it for a while. The guy who plays the goofy nerd on Family Matters voicing the cool smooth talkin hedgehog with an attitude? This shows just how talented Jaleel really is!
  • Hard to Describe him....

He played a goofy character in family matters. Honestly, I have not seen in him in a serious role or dramatic role. He did it so well and he has a great talent. He knows how to act it was hard to watch him when he played two roles on show. I wish I knew of anyone of his serious roles. Too bad we didn’t receive a proper series finale or Wedding. That is how things go with some shows.
    C’est La Vie. Maybe he will expand his acting ability so he can be remembered for something other than Steve.