James Avery (I)

James Avery (I) Fan Reviews (3)

• One of the coolest, unsung actors ever! Absolutely loved him as Uncle Phil!

James Avery only has two big roles in his career: Uncle Phil on the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air and the Shredder in the old school Ninja Turtles cartoon. He really stood out as Uncle Phil. When he was mad, he was mad; when he was sarcastic, he was sarcastic; all that and he made Uncle Phil seem so real.
    As the old school Shredder, he gave him a deep voice unlike him so much that you'd never know who was voicing Shredder. Unfortunately, after trying out for the new Shredder, he lost to Scottie Ray whom I hold to be the best Shredder. Now I won't stand here and list the reasons why (there are quite a few) but, while James really was a good human Shredder, Scottie just came along and brought out a more menacing and kick ass Shredder.
    Hope James gets another big role, times have changed. I'll be watching.
  • Great actor.

James Avery is one of the better actors on the show Fresh Prince of Bel Air. He also does a great Shredder voice, and I'm a huge fan of both those shows, and when I found out he did Shredder that was a real surprise. After watching that show so many times, and hearing his voice, I never actually noticed that, but now I see that, and it's almost hard to believe after seeing him all those years on Fresh Prince. So really, now that I think about it, he was basically doing both th shows at the same time. I mean, that's talent right there.
  • OoO

I have no seen him on tv much exxcept on fresh prince. It's cool to see he had voices on a pup named scooby doo and iron man. I think. His role on fresh prince is funny. he gets mad at every one little thing that will, carlten, Ashely, and hillary will do.