James Dean

James Dean Fan Reviews (6)

• The Rebel With A Cause: His Screen Career

There is no doubt that James Dean was one of the most talented actors of his generation, of any generation for that matter, but was he really the "Rebel Without A Cause"? I think not, I believe that the whole rebel persona that James Dean, so rightly performed on screen, was not the exact James Dean of the real world. He was just too poetic a soul to really put forth the emotional acrobatics of a true rebel-that role was already taken by Brando. Dean was too smart, and too crafty, to fall into the trap of trying to be a carbon copy of an original model. I believe, that had James Dean survived, we would have seen a much different person in the years that would have come. James Dean was adaptable and that would have kept him much more in the limelight than playing the same role for thirty or forty years. He would not have become a sterotype of himself, but would have evolved as the times and situation called for, that was the true power of a young man named James Dean.