James Marsters

Forums: James Marsters Board: He does not blong in Angel

Kadodian

[1]Nov 7, 2007
    • level: 23
    Is it just me or did Spike's character feel a little weird on te show Angel.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

angelandspike

[2]Nov 13, 2007
    • level: 66
    I liked him on Angel. I thought the conflict between Angel and Spike added a lot to the show.

tylersmom65

[3]Nov 18, 2007
    • level: 9
    He was great on Angel. If you watched Buffy and Angel, the crossover made perfect sense, and the story line carried right along just like Joss wanted.

SMGslayer97

[4]Apr 15, 2008
    • level: 34
    He was great on Angel and I actually think he had more of a place on Angel then he ever did on Buffy, though he fit well there as well. James said once in an interview that over his time on Buffy he was never quite sure of his place there, his role there. Had Angel lasted longer I think Spike's prescence would have felt much more natural but because he came in on the last season they didn't have time to fully integrated him as well as all the other main characters.

It always made sense to me that Spike would end up on Angel, after all he and Angel lead sort of similar lives. Their pasts were intertwined but they had a lot in common, and not just women. They both were ensouled vampires, champions who could potentially be the vampire from the Shanshu prophecy. And as I said their lives had been very intertwined since Spike was first sired so it made sense that they would remain the ways hundreds of years later.

SusanFrutschy

[5]Feb 21, 2012
    • level: 2
    Nope. Just you!! I LOVED Spike!!!