Jay Leno

Jay Leno Fan Reviews (16)

7.6
  • funny but predictable

When Jay first took over the "Tonight Show" from Johnny Carson he really seemed new, fresh and cutting edge. Now he is very predictable. The jokes are much safer and the skits are all repeats.

He has reached a level of saturation in the American culture that he and the show are thought of together. People in the business refer to being on "Leno". If you are unsure if someone is an actual celebrity, a comment like "he's been on Leno three times" will settle it.

Jay's funny. Jay's predictable, but we will keep watching. I like Dave better, but Jay is okay. Dave has the gap in his teeth, Jay has the chin. Take your pick.
  • Brilliant mind

Once Jay's show is canceled by NBC he should start his own show like Bill Maher. Jay would be great as a political Independent/Libertarian interviewer. Our just do his same show format on a different network like FX our TNT. His humor, talent and knowledge should not be wasted. Let's see a refreshed Jay in 2014.
  • you r the best host ever!

Jay Leno is THE BEST OF ALL THE LATE NIGHT TALK SHOW HOSTS!!!!! He is FUNNY, INTERESTING, WHOLESOME, CHARMING, and YES, HANDSOME!!! Please do not leave JAY!!! I will not be able to sleep at night! I am so used to watching you before i go to bed! It would be like waking up to NO COFFEE anymore! YEAH!!! It would be that BAD for me! Jay puts his heart and soul into each of his shows!!! We can FEEL it!! I LOVE YOU JAY!!!!! YOUR TALENT is OUTSTANDING!!!! ORIANA from.. MONTREAL.
  • Decent guy.

He is a car guy witch I like. Funny.
  • Jay Leno is best known for hosting his talk-show The Tonight Show with Jay Leno.

Jay Leno was born James Douglas Muir Leno on April 28, 1950 in New York City. Before hosting The Tonight Show, he used to be a well-known comedian in local clubs. In my opinion, I think he has very great talent on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. He has been married to Mavis Nicholson since November 20, 1980. He met his wife while performing at a Los Angeles comedy club and saw in the audience. After more than 20 years together, Jay and Mavis have no children. In my opinion, I will miss Jay Leno when he leaves The Tonight Show in 2009.
  • He is a funny guy.

I really think that Jay Leno is really funny. His comedy bits are usually good and he manages to keep everything somewhat fresh. I like the fact that he doesn't try to do too much and he lets the audience play into his laughs. I also think that he is a good interviewer and has a niche for having a good setting with his celebrities that he hosts. I think that he is more funny than David Letterman and can be the funniest person when he is spot on. I watch his show when I can and I like his guests, especially if they're the ladies! Thank you.
  • Jay Leno is one talented comedian!

Jay Leno is my favorite night show host. The way he tells jokes is great, and he has a great personality. Sometimes, even when a joke is not very good, he still manages to make it funny. It takes a great comedian to do that! His show is the most entertaining night show, and Jay Leno is the best when it comes to his monolouge. Aside from being a comedian, Jay Leno also writes articles for Popular Mechanics, usually about the latest in cars. Theres a reason The Tonight Show with Jay Leno is the most popular night show. Jay Leno is a comedy genius.
  • Jay Leno is a comedian who mainly works from his show, "The Tonight Show with Jay Leno". He also appears as guest in a variety of events, from Los Vegas shows to Schwarzenegger's inauguration.

Sure, some of his jokes lead to silence, awkward pauses. But Jay Leno is someone who doesn't ever break under pressure. Think about it: running a show, almost five days a week; he rarely reuses jokes, unless they ran well just the day before, and he always adapts to the audience. His interviews are interesting as long as the guest is interesting. Headlines and Jaywalking are personal favorites of mine, as he just lets loose the more idiotic minds of our world. What he needs to improve on, however, is his panic under time. I've noticed that he sometimes just drops some punchline right at the critical point where he could have gone farther, and sometimes he laughs too much himself during headlines, leading to wasting time. However, Jay Leno is still a guy who always finds something funny and insightful in the world's rather chaotic happenings.
  • The best in latenight.

Many people will say that Jay Leno was no Johnny Carson and I cant say I disagree, not because its true but becuase I didnt grow up watching Carson. Today on the other hand, Jay Leno blows every other late night talkshow host and proberly all talkshow host including daytime tv hosts out of the water. The beginning of watching Late Night With Jay Leno it is like so funny and ofcourse the whole show is funny but watching the beginning its very funny which Conan O Brian is not very funny. Yeah Conan will replace Leno when he leaves but Conan is no Leno on the simple fact that Conan really isnt that funny and neither is Letterman or the one of the worst in nighttime Jimmy Kimmel. All I have to say is Leno is talented and he will be missed when he steps down in 2009.
  • Jay Leno...whatever.

5.7
    First, let me compliment Jay Leno for his great opening monologues. They are witty and current and are better than any other late night talk show hosts' opening monologues, including Conan O'Brien. that said, I can honestly say that Jay Leno has brought "The Tonight Show" down to an almost unsavable level. His interviews are just boring and he never seems to get anything out of the guests. When an A-list guest comes on your show and they have a juicy piece of gossip that is just begging to be discussed, Jay, at best, will skirt the issue. Come on, Jay, you can do better than that.
  • Jay is the best!!!

JAy Leno is soo amazing person! I love his jokes, and he is sooo funny! I like to watch his show 'Thonight show with Jay Leno'! He is one of the all-time greats because he is the best, and he'll allways stay (the best, I mean)!!! Jay, I love you (not on that way.....)!!!
  • Variety show. The best.

My nights are not complete without Jay Leno. The Tonight Show is definitely the king of late night shows. With the variety formula seen in LateShow and Latenight monologue, guest and musical guest, the tonight show never gets old. You get the funny monologue and entertaining interviews with hollywood actors, sometimes they have a good band playing at the end. Jay Leno is definitely a big part of my day. People watch the news on a daily basis. I don't, but I watch Jay Leno daily, and it will be that way until he leaves the show. The Tonight Show is both entertaining and an essential part of my day.
  • Disagree with RJ-Viewer

Leno vs. Letterman is the classic bureaucratic tale played out in the late night feud. Letterman is the old bitter bureaucrat that so obviously thought of himself to be placed in Carson\\\'s position based on senority. He complains too much....get over yourself, not everyone is a fan.

Leno\\\'s humor is anti-narcotics, non-racial and non-gender specific while still entertaining an LA audience. More importantly, Leno makes you feel as if he is the old high school buddy who has been through all walks of life with you.

great job NBC, you picked the right guy
  • One of the best in late night...

Jay Leno has been the Tonight Show host for many years now, and has kept or has tried to keep the Tonight Show the late night number one talk show. Every weeknight Jay comes out with good material talking about what's going on in the news, around the country and the world. He always has the best guests and has a great musical performance at the end of each show. To go along with his monologues and interviews, each show he has a different segment, like Headlines on Monday which is my personal favorite, and Jay-Walking on Fridays which is also one of my favorite segments. The Tonight Show is a late night classic going back to the 60s with Johnny Carson, and Jay Leno is keeping the late night tradition alive and well.
  • Hilarious

I don't know why people give Jay a bad wrap. He didn't "steal" the show from David Letterman. Apparently Johnny Carson saw that Jay Leno had talent. Sure some of his jokes fall flat, but remember when David Letterman hosted the oscars? Barely anyone laughed, and those who did, did it out of pity. (just my opinion)

Jay Leno is a great host, and I think that David Letterman was too much of a child to get his own show if he made such a big deal about not hosting. I hope to get some more great laughs outta Jay before he passes down the mic to Conan. Plus he has a big chin. Who doesn't like a person with a big chin?
  • Funny but predictable.

When Jay first took over the “Tonight Show” from Johnny Carson he really seemed new, fresh and cutting edge. Now he is very predictable. The jokes are much safer and the skits are all repeats.

He has reached a level of saturation in the American culture that he and the show are thought of together. People in the business refer to being on “Leno”. If you are unsure if someone is an actual celebrity, a comment like “he’s been on Leno three times” will settle it.

Jay’s funny. Jay’s predictable, but we will keep watching. I like Dave better, but Jay is okay. Dave has the gap in his teeth, Jay has the chin. Take your pick.