Jean Smart

Jean Smart Fan Reviews (4)

• The star of Fargo Season 2

I did not even recognize Jean Smart at first when watching Fargo's second season.

After having seen her comedic skills in shows like Designing Women, Frasier and Samantha Who I was somewhat surprised to see her in a serious role. Jean Smart nailed it as the matriarch of a criminal family.

There were a number of excellent performances in Fargo but Jean Smart in her understated role stood out to me. She is a real actress, not just a comedian.
  • from BELLA TO BALLER

And I thank k you
  • Jean Smart was one of the ultimate powerhouses on 24 by far!

Jean Smart was one of the ultimate powerhouses on 24 by far! Not only was she a powerhouse and a great character on 24 (other than jack) she was one of the hardiest characters to "make" by a landslide! This character that she had to play was an emotionally unstable person that was always either crying, and not only was she just emotionally unstable everyone around here didn't believe her with anything that she said nor did they be nice to her when around her, they all treated he like she was a child and she was crazy! Just reading that right there you get confused because you probably would think that not just anyone could play that part. What your thinking now is completely true, not anyone could play that part Jean Smart Is one of my favorite actresses and she played the part to perfection!
  • Review

Jean Smart has the benefit of being on the greatest season of 24 that the show has ever had. I think her acting in the show was so far above average that I think she should have won the emmy that year for what she brought to the table. David Palmer and Sherry Palmer always had some intense scenes, but Martha and Charles had the greatest on screen connection of anyone in the history of the show - including every character that has been on the show. Jean was given a very tough character to play as she suffered from several dieseases and she had to act through all of them throughout the duration of her time on the show. I thought her performance in the finale was where the season is summed up best. As she tapes her conversation with her husband, it was just an amazing scene and those two made it worth every viewers time to stay glued to 24 after a rough season 4.