Jewel Staite

Jewel Staite Fan Reviews (7)

• So awesome!!

Jewel Staite is an amazing actress and also a great person. I have never met her myself, but I've seen probably every interview with her posted online and read her blog. She's hilarious, by the way. This is irrelevant, but she actually reminds me a lot of my best friend. Anyway, I love her character of Jennifer Keller (especially her pairing with Rodney McKay!). She's so beautiful and so talented. Definitely one of my all-time favorites!! Besides, I love all sarcastic people, and she definitely fits into that category. :-) Love love love. Hope to see her in a bunch more stuff!!!
  • Jewel Staite - The Firefly Mechanic Kaylee

I think that Jewel Staite is a very great actress. She plays Kaylee in the seris 'Firefly' and the film 'Serenity' she plays a mechanic that is in love with Simon the ships doctor who is trying to protect his sister from the Alliance (A goverment organisation that perfomed medical tests on her). In the film, in the scene in which they all think they are going to die, Simon tells Kaylee that he wanted to be with her and she goes from 'I'm gonna die' to 'I'm gonna live' in about 10 seconds. That takes true skill. I hope that I see her in another successful seris as it would be harsh if she ended up in Sci-Fi obscurity.
  • Well what can you say everybody's sister.

I only know her from the cult favorite Firefly. What a great character. She gives the ship Serenity a heart and soul. What a gem. I would have to compare her to Dawn Wells in Gilligan's Island. Firefly's Mary Ann. A beautiful young gal only matched by her sweetness. I guess that makes Inara, Ginger.
  • I think her character is awesome on firefly, but it wouldn't work if she wasn't so good. The way she fuses the drama and hardship with optimism. And it is done without words, only a gesture. wow. that is talent.

I think her character is awesome on firefly, but it wouldn't work if she wasn't so good. The way she fuses the drama and hardship with optimism. And it is done without words, only a gesture. wow. that is talent. I want to see more of her work. I am buying the firefly dvds. I want to support the show but also the seperate actors. She is hilarious, silly little things like turning off the lights and gettig stuck on a ladder. That is something I would do, and giggle about.
  • This girl is the perfect mix of sexy and sweet!

I enjoy all the firefly episodes much more because of her. She will be type cast as a sweetie her whole life because I dont belive she can hide the fact that she is one. Still, she is very talented and I beleve she will be around for a very long time. I hope they never kill her off in the serenity movies.
  • Funny girl

She ok, she good actress, she funny, she underrated some too, she good in Firefly, funny, she look good, have neato smile, can kiss my shiny metal ass anytime.

Would like to see her in other things, hopefully she gets some more recognition, and she be taken advantage of... *cough.
  • Hot and talented

I first saw her as the goth girl on Higher Ground (a great show that should have continued.... damn you George Lucas!). Then I saw her on Firefly, a wonderful sci-fi show from tv genius Joss Whedon. Jewel has this great quality that is hard to explain. It\'s an innocence that is slightly tainted.... she can pull off the girl next door with a twist. She can play smart and sexy but also demur. Definitely an under-rated talent that needs to be further explored and employed by Hollywood.

Okay, enough with this word minimum thing. It\'s ridiculous and time consuming.