Jewel

Jewel Fan Reviews (4)

• I love Jewel!

I've been following Jewel's career since the 1990's. She not only a good singer, but she is very sexy. I even wrote her a few times. I can recall watch a video from 1995. and I saw her on the floor moving around in a sexual way. I just can't stop looking a her. she's gorgeous. this year I love her new singel and I can't think of the song. I had a great guitar intro and I love it. Jewel is wonderful to listen and wonderful to look at. she's one of a kind when it comes to talent. I can't help it if I'm madly in love with her.
  • I like her but 1. She is yesterday's news 2. She doesn't sing too many songs I like

7.6
    I like her but
    1. She is yesterday's news
    2. She doesn't sing too many songs I like

I mean, well, she is a good singer, but yesterday's news is what she is too and also doesn't sing that many songs I like anymore. Plus it akes a really long time for her songs to hit number 1. I mean, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Jewel, I just feel that she is a good singer, just not especially. I mean, she is kind of like Lindasy Lohan. Everyone used to LOVE her and now noone thinks twice about how good she is. Overrated now and underrated in the past.
  • A great singer!!!

Jewel is fantastic. I started listening to her music a few months ago when I heard "You Were Meant For Me" and the part "Dreams last for so long... Even after you're gone." was stuck in my head. I downloaded it shortly after. That was one of (and still is) one of the most often played songs on my iPod. All of Jewel's songs are easy to listen to and as said by another reviewer, they really do make you think- not only about the world we live in, but about yourself. Overall, a truly great and extremely talented artist.
  • The year 2005 marks the 10th anniversary of Jewel's debut album, "Pieces of You". I've been listening to her music ever since.

The folksy/indie style of her songs, her crystalline voice, and the sound of an acoustic guitar wasn't exactly what I was used to but the album soon became my favorite. I used to play that CD over and over again. The melodies are often quite simple, but what they lack is often more than made up with the lyrics of soulful introspection and little sarcastic jabs at society.

The non-album tracks and live recordings show the younger Jewel in an even more darker place than the angst-ridden debut album -- and that's saying a lot. But after "Pieces of You", she seems to find her own peace, and her work becomes more spiritual on "Spirit", country & western on "This Way", and even downright pop on "0304".

For those looking for the perfect pop album, Jewel is not the way to go. Her poetical songs *will* make you think. She will make you question the world we live in. I also recommend listening to the non-album tracks, if only for the snarly lyrics (e.g. "Carnivor", "God's Gift to Women"). My all-time favorite Jewel song is also one of the non-album ones: "Quiet Warrior". Hopefully she'll release them on a long-overdue compilation one day.