Joey Lauren Adams

Joey Lauren Adams Fan Reviews (3)

7.6
  • empty

Joey Lauren Adams is really a great actress. In every role she really makes you believe that she actually is the character she's portraying. This sense of realism is what makes her really stand out above the masses of the rest of actresses today. My favorite movie of her's is "Mallrats."
  • empty

Great actress. Some of her movies are not of the greatest, but some others are. I like "Chasing Amy" that has to be my favorite with her in it, but she is a good actress. I do not think that she is bad or anything, because in Chasing Amy she certainly puts up her best to make the movie even better.
  • An under rated actress with much more to offer

On January 6, 1971 in Little Rock, Arkansas, USA a star was born destined for big things. Although it didn't start out with a lot of glamour. When she was 15 she was working tables but that all changed when, In 1988 she moved to Hollywood and got her acting career underway.

Staring in T.V. shows at first, most noticeably for her small role in the hit show "Married... with Children" she started making her way up the ladder winning awards along the way from Chicago Film Critics, For the "Most Promising Actress" award in 1997 for her performance in Chasing Amy. And some high profile nominations aswell. With more than 30 movies under her belt inculding her extraordinary performance in Chasing Amy she also stared along side Adam Sandler in 1999 movie Big Daddy.
    She has recently started directing and in 2006 she will release her directorial debut, Come Early Morning which has been selected for the Sundance Film Festival.

Her most noticeable attribute is her voice and is easily recognized by it. She almost didn't get the role in Chasing Amy of fears that it would get on peoples nerves to much. Told by many directors to try and change her voice to futher her career. She had been quoted as saying "It's not a normal voice. It doesn't fit into people's preconceptions about what a woman's voice should sound like".

In my opinion she has been one of the more seriously under rated actress in Hollywood today and am confident that we will be hearing alot more from Joey Lauren Adams in the future from both her acting career and her directing career.