John Goodman

John Goodman Fan Reviews (6)

• Will always be "Dan" to me.

Great actor. Funny.
  • So good at what he does!

There are some actors you watch and you just know that acting is what they were destined to do. That's how I feel about John Goodman. Whenever I watch "Roseanne," especially, I wonder what else he could possibly have done ... because he's so great!

I remember first seeing him in "Revenge of the Nerds," as Coach Harris(though he had been in many movies before). When I saw him in "Raising Arizona" shortly after that, I simply fell in love with him! His acting, at least! Luckily, it was only a year or so after "Raising Arizona" that he landed the role of Dan Conner on "Roseanne" and I was so excited to see him move from being a sidekick to a lead role. And I especially loved that being "Dan Conner" allowed him to showcase all his acting skills. He could be serious, upset, depressed, concerned, overjoyed, or otherwise ... and it was always spot on!!! Watching him cry in the episode of "Roseanne" where his mother was put in a mental institution was actually very touching.

Even so, it was his comedy, especially his physical comedy, that was the best!!! In "Roseanne, "The "Blues Brothers," or "The Big Lebowski," he could and would throw himself around, dance, play-fight, etc., and it was always laugh-out-loud funny. He has an awesome ability to make fun of himself, as well, which is SO amusing. I really do feel he is one of the all time greats, moreso for television than movies, though his movies are just as good. Unfortunately, he often is cast as a sidekick or has a smaller role on the big screen, which is a shame, since he could be so much more! Under-appreciated and often forgotten, he's fantastic!
  • Such a teddy bear of an actor!

John Goodman,most famous in the role of Dan Conner,on the hit sitcom Roseanne,has always reminded me of a big,lovable teddy bear. It is very hard for me to accept John Goodman in roles where is plays a character with any type of negativity attached! This is not saying that Mr.Goodman can't play these roles with any less aplomb,he certainly can,it is just a personal quirk. I will truly never be able to see him as anything other than a father figure because of the magnificent work he did as Dan Conner. However,that will be my loss as this man is such a very talented individual!
  • Long Lasting love

For a few years now i have been addicted to films that John Goodman was in. I enjoyed watching EVERY single movie that John Goodman was in. First movie i have ever watched of him was coyote ufly. He didnt play such a big part but it was a pretty good part. Then i started getting serious upon which parts he was playing. Did alot of research and started to buy movies, and TV shows. MAn he was crazy good at playing his parts. Including, the small parts he makes it look so funny. My next film i probably saw of him was fallen. Then ti kepts going down the list. He knows how to point out the obvious in a actor. Charming, and fabulous
  • This man would deserve a 10 even if the only thing he ever did was The Big Lebowski. But luckily there's more...

John Goodman deserves a ten score for playing the immortal Walter Sobchak in The Big Lebowski. He has a free pass with me and I'm sure many others for that tremendous performance as a Viet Nam veteran and Jewish convert by marriage and despite divorce in what is now to me and many others an all-time classic. Thankfully we can also relish his performances in any other Coen brothers film, Monsters, Inc., Roseanne (this is a TV site, right), etc., etc., the list could go on and on. I shall end this review with two great quotes (and the rare clean ones; say "NO" to censorship) from The Big Lebowski: (1)"So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know..." and (2)"Donny was a good bowler, and a good man. He was one of us. He was a man who loved the outdoors... and bowling, and as a surfer he explored the beaches of Southern California, from La Jolla to Leo Carrillo and... up to... Pismo. He died, like so many young men of his generation, he died before his time. In your wisdom, Lord, you took him, as you took so many bright flowering young men at Khe Sanh, at Langdok, at Hill 364. These young men gave their lives. And so would Donny. Donny, who loved bowling. And so, Theodore Donald Karabotsos, in accordance with what we think your dying wishes might well have been, we commit your final mortal remains to the bosom of the Pacific Ocean, which you loved so well. Good night, sweet prince."
  • I have seen at least three movies with him doing a character.

The first movie with John Goodman I ever saw was "The Adventures of Rocky & Bullwinkle" his role as the Police Officer was a pretty cool role. The second movie with him involved was the Emperor's New Groove. His role as Patcha was a ton of stitches. The thrid movie with him involved I have ever seen was Monster Inc. The role of James P. Sullivan has got to be one of the best roles I have ever seen.