John Goodman

John Goodman Fan Reviews (6)

• So good at what he does!

There are some actors you watch and you just know that acting is what they were destined to do. That's how I feel about John Goodman. Whenever I watch "Roseanne," especially, I wonder what else he could possibly have done ... because he's so great!

I remember first seeing him in "Revenge of the Nerds," as Coach Harris(though he had been in many movies before). When I saw him in "Raising Arizona" shortly after that, I simply fell in love with him! His acting, at least! Luckily, it was only a year or so after "Raising Arizona" that he landed the role of Dan Conner on "Roseanne" and I was so excited to see him move from being a sidekick to a lead role. And I especially loved that being "Dan Conner" allowed him to showcase all his acting skills. He could be serious, upset, depressed, concerned, overjoyed, or otherwise ... and it was always spot on!!! Watching him cry in the episode of "Roseanne" where his mother was put in a mental institution was actually very touching.

Even so, it was his comedy, especially his physical comedy, that was the best!!! In "Roseanne, "The "Blues Brothers," or "The Big Lebowski," he could and would throw himself around, dance, play-fight, etc., and it was always laugh-out-loud funny. He has an awesome ability to make fun of himself, as well, which is SO amusing. I really do feel he is one of the all time greats, moreso for television than movies, though his movies are just as good. Unfortunately, he often is cast as a sidekick or has a smaller role on the big screen, which is a shame, since he could be so much more! Under-appreciated and often forgotten, he's fantastic!