John Kricfalusi

John Kricfalusi Fan Reviews (6)

• John K., an animation genius, has been a major influence on me.

What to say? John K. is unlike any other animator. This man knows what makes good cartoons. He knows what's funny and what isn't. He knows just about everything there is to know about animation.

Most people know him best as the creator of the ever-popular, "The Ren and Stimpy Show," which is, in fact, my favorite show. Now just look at the genius that was involved in the creation of this show. A crazy Chihuahua and an insanely stupid cat are the stars. Now who else could come up with something like that? (I know John K. wasn't orignally putting them in the same show, but just the creation of Ren and Stimpy is brilliant on its own.)

In its Spumco years, "The Ren and Stimpy Show" was insanely popular. Fan clubs were sprouting all over the place. Highly unfortunately, though, John K. and many other Spumco employees got fired mid second season by Nickelodeon. But John K.'s contributions to the show durring the time that he was working on it made the first two seasons very memorable.

Now I'll explain how John K. has had an incluence on me. As a hard core fan of animation, I love to draw. Of course, my drawings used to be terrible. They lacked perspective (and my characters still do slightly, but I'm working on it) and my characters had no lines of action. When I read John K.'s blog posts about animation, however, I discovered how all of these things were wrong with my drawings. I agreed with him. I needed to give my characters more perspective. I needed to give them lines of action. I needed to focus more on the expressions. I needed to practice more. And you know what? I have, and I'm continuing to get better, all thanks to John K.

John K. and I have a lot of things in common, actually. Here are some of them:

1. We both think traditional animation rocks.
    2. We both dislike Stephen Spielburg's stuff.
    3. We both like Elvis Presley (of course, who doesn't?) and the Beetles.

There are many other ways that I can relate to him, and many of those I've already explained in the above paragraphs.

Final words:

Well, there's not a whole lot more to say. John K. is a brilliant man. I think the shows he's created and the stuff he does are just plain awesome. I can relate to him in a number of ways. Final person grade: A+
  • John Kricfalusi is the creator of THE REN AND STIMPY SHOW(1991),THE RIPPING FRIENDS(2001) and the more recent REN AND STIMPY ADULT PARTY CARTOON(2003), among other flash cartoons(THE GODDAMN GEORGE LIQUOR PROGRAM(1996)and WEEKEND **** HUNT(1997))

John "John K." Kricfalusi is indeed the more talented Co-Star voicing Ren Hoek in "The Ren and Stimpy Show" in the 1991-1993 seasons,1 & 2(After that he was fired by Nickelodeon who was tired of having to censor nearly every spisode and having John miss all his deadlines(which happened partially to the fact that John and Nick were arguing over censorship for such long periods of time) and Ren's voicing went to (at the time) Stimpy voice Billy West)John K. returned in June, 2003 for the short-lived "The Ren and Stimpy Adult Party Cartoon", and he proved once again that he was the more talented co-star(voicing Ren Hoek again), although alongside new Stimpy voice, Eric Bauza.(Billy West declined John's offer to return as Stimpy)
  • John Kricfalusi is amazingly skilled and talented. To say he's brilliant is truly and understatement.

This guy gave birth (not literally) to Ren and Stimpy. The two greatest cartoon characters of all time. He sure has my deepest sympathy.

It seems that he feels quite annoyed impatient with todays standards. But why the hell shouldn't he be, I would. Just look any of his amazing artwork that still goes unrecognized, then look at and simple stuff like Family Guy. Yeah I'd be pretty annoyed too!

John K is definitely, by far, my favourite animator of all time. He's also the most talented.

This man created my favourite show of all time, which was then to be ruined by Nickelodeon.
  • I've got three words to say Best...Cartoonist..ever

John Kricfalusi is one of the best cartoonists ever second to Matt Groening Stephen Hillenburg and Joe Murray he is mostly famous for his Ren and Stimpy creation that was really really a great show on Nickelodeon it's a shame Nick fired him and gave it to Games which those eps sucked 12 years later Spike TV asked him if he could do an adult version of Ren and Stimpy and he agreed but sadly those eps sucked as well but still Ren and Stimpy rocks he also did a great job of voicing Ren in the early episodes.
  • My animation hero

John Kricfalusi is the best cartoonist ever. He is the creator
    of one of the greatest shows ever Ren and Stimpy. Without Ren and Stimpy I don't know what my life would be like. He does an awsome job as the voice of my favorite character Ren Hoek got to love that Peter Lorre accent. You have got to feel sorry when Nick fired him because they thought his show wasen't right for kids but that doesn't mean Nick had the right to take over the show if you ask me they should have let him stay. John you will always be a hero to me.
  • The Best cartoonest.

My favorite cartoonest of all time. He had a twisted mind like no other. You can go around the world and you will find out that he is one of the only people on the planet who makes creative cartoons. I swear, go around the world. The only others I know are, David Feiss, Jhonen Vasquez, Vincent Waller, Maxwell Adams, and Butch Hartman.