John Kricfalusi

John Kricfalusi Fan Reviews (6)

• John K., an animation genius, has been a major influence on me.

What to say? John K. is unlike any other animator. This man knows what makes good cartoons. He knows what's funny and what isn't. He knows just about everything there is to know about animation.

Most people know him best as the creator of the ever-popular, "The Ren and Stimpy Show," which is, in fact, my favorite show. Now just look at the genius that was involved in the creation of this show. A crazy Chihuahua and an insanely stupid cat are the stars. Now who else could come up with something like that? (I know John K. wasn't orignally putting them in the same show, but just the creation of Ren and Stimpy is brilliant on its own.)

In its Spumco years, "The Ren and Stimpy Show" was insanely popular. Fan clubs were sprouting all over the place. Highly unfortunately, though, John K. and many other Spumco employees got fired mid second season by Nickelodeon. But John K.'s contributions to the show durring the time that he was working on it made the first two seasons very memorable.

Now I'll explain how John K. has had an incluence on me. As a hard core fan of animation, I love to draw. Of course, my drawings used to be terrible. They lacked perspective (and my characters still do slightly, but I'm working on it) and my characters had no lines of action. When I read John K.'s blog posts about animation, however, I discovered how all of these things were wrong with my drawings. I agreed with him. I needed to give my characters more perspective. I needed to give them lines of action. I needed to focus more on the expressions. I needed to practice more. And you know what? I have, and I'm continuing to get better, all thanks to John K.

John K. and I have a lot of things in common, actually. Here are some of them:

1. We both think traditional animation rocks.
    2. We both dislike Stephen Spielburg's stuff.
    3. We both like Elvis Presley (of course, who doesn't?) and the Beetles.

There are many other ways that I can relate to him, and many of those I've already explained in the above paragraphs.

Final words:

Well, there's not a whole lot more to say. John K. is a brilliant man. I think the shows he's created and the stuff he does are just plain awesome. I can relate to him in a number of ways. Final person grade: A+