Johnny Depp

Forums: Johnny Depp Board: Johnny Depp Quips and Quotes

Formulakaz

[1]Mar 18, 2009
    • level: 76

Johnny Depp Quips and Quotes

As per site guidelines of having just 10 quotes per person guide, I am transferring some of the interesting quotes previously found in the Quotes section of the guide to this forum. If you wish to submit a new quote, either do it on this thread or kindly PM me before replacing any of the existing quotes on the Quotes section. Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Formulakaz

[2]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.

Formulakaz

[3]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (On fatherhood) I used to go through the world, thinking I was seeing things clearly, but I was kind of stumbling and viewing events through a haze, like a gauze or something. Then the instant my baby was born, I looked at her and immediately, instantly, everything came into a sharp focus. I looked at her, this pure little angel, that I was just meeting for the first time, and I realized I had known her for 10,000 years. There willl never be anyone that will know me better, that will understand me just by a look. I know I will never be closer to another human being. She hasn't changed my life, she's given me my life, in the sense that everything now has a reason. I used to think I was happy, that there were things in my life that would make me smile, but the biggest difference is that now I can feel my smile, it's all connected.

Formulakaz

[4]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: People say I make strange choices, but they're not strange for me. My sickness is that I'm fascinated by human behavior, by what's underneath the surface, by the worlds inside people.

Formulakaz

[5]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: I've tried directing once before, and it was a very big learning experience. I definitely wouldn't do it again- especially if I had to be in it too!

Formulakaz

[6]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (on his kids) They saw Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which made me very nervous. I was scared they'd come home and say: "Hey, Dad, better luck next time!" But they came home quoting it, which was nice.

Formulakaz

[7]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: When I was a kid, I had a lot of dreams. I wanted to be everything from Evel Knievel to the first white Harlam Globetrotter, and I'm still trying! Then I wanted to play guitar, and now I'm here, doing this- acting.

Formulakaz

[8]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: For me, ambition has become a dirty word. I prefer hunger. To be hungry-great. To have hopes, dreams-great.

Formulakaz

[9]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: I think we are all weirdoes. I mean we all have our idiosyncrasies, our ticks, our things that border on obsessive-compulsive disorder. I wouldn't say that I was necessarily the most peculiar. I just wear my weirdo badge a little more often than most people.

Formulakaz

[10]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (on his reasons for making another two Pirates Of The Carribean) Initially it was a shock that a film that I was involved with did so well. But also I was so thankful. After being around for so long all these kids went along to see the movie. I was incredibly grateful and just really touched, really moved. When I'm out on the street and kids, little kids come up to me and say "You're Captain Jack Sparrow!" It doesn't get much better than that.

Formulakaz

[11]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (on being credited as 'Oprah Noodlemantra') I did a cameo in a friend of mine, Rachel Talalay's film. She directed one of the A Nightmare On Elm St films. I was in the first. That's how I started in the movie business. Many years later Rachel directed one and she asked me to do a cameo for the film and I did. And when they asked me if they could put my name on the credits and I just said, put 'Oprah Noodlemantra'. I don't know why. I just did.

Formulakaz

[12]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (accepting his 2007 People's Choice awards for 'Best male movie star' and 'Favourite male action star') I know that I've said this before. But the fact that this award comes from the people, makes it all the more special," he said. "And thanks for keeping me employed, yeah? You're the boss.

Formulakaz

[13]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (on his plans to retire at age 50) I feel my sex appeal will last no longer.

Formulakaz

[14]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: There was a woman at some restaurant who asked what her parents did, and Lilly Rose said, 'Well, my mommy's a singer.' And the lady said, 'Oh, yeah? What does your daddy do?' and she said, 'My daddy's a pirate.'

Formulakaz

[15]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: (on why it's important to bring an element of eccentricity to his characters) I'm a sucker to my own brain. It reaches a point where you can't help yourself. Regardless of what other people are saying around you or even whispering around you, that maybe they're not so content or happy with the work or with the character, because maybe they feel it's a little bit too much, I couldn't help myself. I had a very strong feeling about the guy, about the character, and I couldn't control it. It had to come out.

Formulakaz

[16]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: Even if I tried to avoid the certain emotions that live inside me, I wouldn't be able to do so. I have a family now, and I'll do anything I can to make life good. So if all this should evaporate, and I had to go back to pumping gas, I'd do it. That would be OK, as long as my family was there for me, and I for them.

Formulakaz

[17]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: Even in the deepest, darkest scenes I'm always the one who is looking to find the humour and extract it. [smiling]

Formulakaz

[19]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: I was in LA making Blow at the same time my girl was doing her record in Los Angeles.

Formulakaz

[20]Mar 18, 2009
    Johnny: I love our house in the country. I can walk to the village and have a coffee and no-one pays any notice. I'm just another dad with his daughter.