Jon Lovitz

Jon Lovitz Fan Reviews (2)

• empty

A great actor. An extraordinary comedian. I don't know why he didn't get so famous as another SNL stars.
  • Very funny - we need to see more of him.

While not as big a star as some of his "SNL" contemporaries, Jon Lovitz is one of the best talents to come out of SNL from the 1980s/early 1990s and I hope he finds another vehicle to showcase his talents.

His film work is always great, and sometimes he's the best thing about a mediocre movie ("Rat Race," "Benchwarmers"). He's also a terrific voice actor, playing parts on "The Simpsons" and starring in one of the greatest animated series of all time, "The Critic." This underrated classic certainly ranks among Lovitz' best work, and allowed him to showcase his pipes and his great voice acting talent.

In my opinion, Jon Lovitz gets a bum rap for his brief tenure on "NewsRadio," when he came on to the show after Phil Hartman's death. While nobody could top Hartman, I think Lovitz took the gig to honor his friend and to work through his grief. After a shaky start, he had really found his voice on the show, but it was canceled after his first season. Unfortunately, he has mostly been seen in commercials lately - here's hoping he's back on TV in a good series soon.