Josh Gates

Josh Gates Fan Reviews (3)

• Destination Truth

I have watched Destination Truth since it first aired on SciFi (syfy) channel.

It was the best programming of all. Josh Gates is like a breath of fresh air! He was professional, knowledgable, humorous, serious, and passionate about what he was doing. Syfy lacks so much in their programming any more... they've gone off the ledge with keeping ridiculous, stupid shows like Lost Girl and others and not keeping the shows that drew more viewers.

I watch Ghost Hunters.. but it lacks something with Grant gone. I miss Ghost Hunters International especially.. I prefer it over it's sister program. Barry, Chris & Joe Chin and the rest of the cast gave more professionalism many times over those in their sister program. I am about done with syfy channel as it is.. with not bringing back show like Destination Truth, Ghost Hunters International.. I'm ready to catch up on what I want to watch on my OnDemand or watch for reruns of my favorite shows. Total, Blackout, Haunted Collectors, and the other reality type shows make me disgusted... as well as does Lost Girl, Alphas, and syfy is no longer the number 1 channel in our home!
    The first time I saw Gates on Destination Truth, besides thinking where has this man been all my life, I was impressed to see such a high level of talent and professionalism. Something the Sci-Fi channel has lacked. He has brought a marginalized field, cryptozoology, into the mainstream. An original blend of witty humor, a spirit of adventure, curiosity, and intelligent commentary delivered in a package that is oh so easy on the eyes. His narrative talent can keep an audience hanging on every word. He makes smart sexy, a trend I hope to see continued. He's a big fish in a little pond, I hope Sci-Fi recognizes what they've got.
  • he remindes me of my funny ass nighbor

i have always like hearing stuff about monsters anchint legends stuff like that this man makes all thoss things look like so mutch fun iam glade i have the scifi channel i wander we'er he's gunna go next japan,australia,tasmania,new guinea who knows if he duse go to japan he shude go look for my favorite monster besides the movie monster godzilla a real monster the water imp also known as the kappa who eats cucumbers and children its like a deformed teenage mutant ninja turtel who eats cucumbers and kids and not pizza like the ones on tv josh kicks ass