Joshua Malina

Joshua Malina Fan Reviews (2)

• Great actor and a good guy.

I first noticed Joshua Malina in Sports Night. I guess that's where most people first saw him. Only after I took notice, did I realize he had in fact been in several movies that I loved. The character of Jeremy often stole the show. He could make you laugh and make you cry so easily, and sometimes at the same time! The thing I find so great about Mr. Malina is that he really cares about his fans. I know several Sports Night fans that he was in touch with by email, myself included. Not only did he send a few "thanks for watching" notes, but he really took the time to chat. He knew I was taking vocal and acting lessons, and he would often ask how they were going. He knew our names (not just screen names), and seemed to enjoy talking with us. He even participated in unofficial chats, and would pop into an unmoderated chat room to talk about the show. I haven't talked to him recently, but I still watch out for him and support his work. Nothing he's done has been very successful since The West Wing, but I know he will always find work, and always put 100% into what he does. Josh doesn't take his success for granted, and for that I will always respect him.
  • have you ever seen Sports Night?

Is it at all possible that before Will Bailey led the Democratic campaign in the Californian 47th Congressional District that he worked on a sports show? His wealth of political knowledge in The West Wing is the only thing that different between Jeremy and Will, yet it works.
    People didn't find Jeremy particularly funny in Sports Night yet he brings comedy to the West Wing that Rob Lowe departure removed. Was this because the viewers of Sports Night wanted the ordinary, slap in the face comedy expected from the American sitcom, or was the style of comedy writing used for his character to intellectual for the show. Either way Jeremy didn't work, but Will does.
    The West Wing provides comedy for the intellectual and Joshua is an intellectual comedian. The match is perfect.
    I am concerned that this means that Joshua is a one character actor leaving him out of work after The West Wing ends. Those who enjoy his quick witted humour may no longer be able to, unless another writer comes up with an equally high brow political comedy/drama for which he would be perfect.