Joss Whedon

Joss Whedon Fan Reviews (31)

• Buffy, Angel, Firefly/Serenity, Dr. Horrible. From the beginning Joss has made his mark on the world as a true a orginal

From the beginning Joss has made his mark on the world as a true a orginal, he is a visionary in television and will forever have the most loyal fans who will follow him any where to any project. I know I would. My love for Joss began of course with Buffy the Vampire Slayer (TV), as it did for most of his fans, from the second it began Buffy was a different kind of show unlike anything on tv and became a run away hit launching the teen era for the now defunct WB network. Buffy helped define a generation and that generation owes Joss a great deal of respect. With his second hit Angel, though less acclaimed then Buffy, he proved he was not a one hit wonder and could really dish out originality compelling stories and well developed enthralling character like no other. He knew how to make quality television. Even with Firefly, which could be deemed a failure from a certain perspective, soard to amazing heights. After being cancelled shortly after it began airing the fans went to new heights and thanks to them Firefly was turned into a big screen adaptation entitled Serenity.

Though Firefly didn't gain a cult status like Buffy it did have just as many loyal and dedicated fans as Angel did. It was another example of the fact that Joss was more then a one hit wonder but also that he was creative beyond words. A space scifi western filled with quirk, characters for everyone, action and comedy Firefly may not have lasted long but it the minds of Joss Whedon fans it's just as important as Angel or Buffy for that matter. With his latest project Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog Joss also showed us that he has an amazing commitment to his fans, to his work, and to his own integrity. He continues to out do himself and try to reach new heights and mediums. I know we can only expect great things from him in the future. On the big screen, small screen and even now the computer screen. No one can write characters like Joss, no one can make tv like Joss and no one seems more devoted to challenging himself and reinventing himself, much like he does with his on screen characters, then Joss.