Julie Andrews

Julie Andrews Fan Reviews (10)

• I have love julie Andrews ever since I was a little kid and still do! She is such a talented singer and preformer.

I hope julie Andrews will live for a long time still because I would be devastated when she dies. She is the same age as Elvis Presley(70's) and has made no stupid mistakes with her fame yet and probably never will. I first saw her in Mary poppins, as did many other kids my age. but I have also seen her in Sound of Music, a Muppet Show episode, Enchanted, Princess Diaries 1 and 2, and Shrek 2 and 3. I wish I'd had seen her in some of her more early shows from the fifties but I was born in the ninties. She won't be around much longer but I will share her with all my kids (if ever I have any) and my nieces/nephews (if ever I have any).
  • Great singer; great actress...

The first movie of Julie's I saw was The Princess Diaries. I love that movie! To tell you the truth, I didn't really care for the character Julie played, but she was still really good. I also liked The Princess Diaries 2. An exciting scene in that movie was when Julie sang a duet with Raven-Symone. They sang a song called "Your Crowning Glory" and it was really good! Another good movie of Julie's, is (of course) The Sound Of Music. I saw that movie a few years ago when I was in choir, and it was really good! It's probably my favorite musical next to Wicked.
  • empty

Julie Andrews is a true and classic actress. You really believe that she got into acting because she loves it for what it is. You'll never see her in any tabloids and you won't hear any gossip about her. In her roles, you sense more realism than many other actress's who are considered more talented than she. Of all of her roles in all of her movies, my favorite has to be "Mary Poppins."
  • empty

There are just tons and tons of movies which Julie is in and I like. I like some of her material from 50 years ago but I adore alot of movies she is in these days like Shrek and The Princess Diaries.
  • An exelent actress and singer.

Julie Andrews was my first favourite actress. When I watched Mary Poppins for the first time I found her acting extremelly belivable. She had a gift, singing and acting, that she couldn´t waste. I love her voice, she had very bad luck, I can´t belive that she won´t sing again. When I watched "The Princess Diaries 2" and realized that she was singing, I went to the store and bought it, because I was watching it in spanish and the son was translated. And when I heard it, I couldn´t belive that, given her age she still sang so good. The Sound Of Music is a great movie too. she does a great job as Maria, and the songs, well, they are not easy, belive me, I know. We did the play and it wasn´t easy. I would love to meet her. She is always going to be on my list ;)
  • A class act

Julie Andrews is one of the most charming actress I've seen in a long time no matter what role she plays she bring a certain charm to it, weither it be a fun-loving nanny in Mary Poppins, or Queen of a foregin land, to a voice over in Shrek 2. She brings charm and humor, to everything that she does.
  • where to start? How can I put to words how wonderfully great Ms. Andrews trully is?

ok I am really bad at writing reviews but for Julie I will try. She is the most wonderful actress out there I am such a big fan! Her voice is outstanding but most forget what a wonderful actress she is! her acting is amazing! I grew up on "marry poppins" and "sound of music" (come on who hasn't) and I have all her CD's again all I can say is shes just great!
  • I believe Julie Andrews is the greatest historical figure we all have in the United States.

GREAT actress. Marvelous personality. Every movie I've seen her in has been wonderful. Nobody in the world could possibly compare to Mrs. Julie Andrews. She's a great person and actress for all ages. She will always be remembered, and she'll always be my first favorite. :) Oh, Happy Birthday, Julie! October 1, 2005
  • Extremely Talented

Julie Andrews is the most talented singer I have ever heard of - her range and pitch is fantastic. The Sound of Music is my favourite film because of her. She made it so entertaining with her ability to sing and encourages me to lighten up about the world around me and makes me just want to burst into song. I also enjoyed her performance as Mary Poppins in the film of the same name because she managed to excuse Dick Van Dyke's awful cockney accent and make it into a brilliant Disney musical. I do not think song composers could write a song she could not have sung beautifully.
  • Dame Julie has definitely proven herself as one of the all-time greats!

Not many people can brag that they've won an Emmy, an Oscar, AND a Golden Globe. Still fewer can say they've starred on Broadway numerous times, acted in over 20 films, released several musical CDs, written a number of sucessful children's books, and taken on the roles of both producer and director. These are just some of the reasons that set Julie Andrews apart from so many others. Julie has starred in such great film favorites as The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Victor, Victoria, The Princess Diaries, and Shrek 2. Though the lady who once boasted a four octave range no longer sings, she shows no signs of slowing down anytime soon.