Julie Kavner

Julie Kavner Fan Reviews (5)

• Julie Kavner is best known for voicing Marge Simpson on The Simpsons.

Julie was born Julia Deborah Kavner on September 9, 1950. In 1971, she graduated from San Diego State University. Her father was a furniture manufacturer and her mother was a family counselor. She is best known for voicing Marge Simpson in the animated series The Simpsons. Julie Kavner is of Jewish descent. I think she plays Marge Simpson very well. She has never let people film her while voicing the characters though. Kavner also voices Marge's mother Jacqueline Bouvier and Marge's two sisters Selma and Patty. I hope to continue to hear Julie voice Marge Simpson and hopefully in a second The Simpsons movie.
  • Excellent voice over artist.

(Simpsons Related)
    Back in the day, this would have been a 10/10! But sadly, the show has been declining. They just didn't know when to pull out. The show peaked during the late 90s, but since 2000 it has been on a downhill slope getting worse with every season. The plots are dull and don't seem to go anywhere filled with awful jokes.

The jokes themselves are no longer original, but rather just follow the formula of older jokes and are written poorly. The voicework is still good, its just annoying seeing the same old jokes over and over. Homer is fat, Bart is dumb, Moe suicidal etc. Nothing is original anymore. And the wit is no longer there either.

The show was good in its prime, but it has taken a huge fall. The movie coming out doesn't help anything.
  • empty

Yet another great voice actor. Even if her voice doesn't change for the Simpsons much, she's still a great voice actor.
  • Marge from 'Simpsons'...

Julie Kavner plays Marge Simpson (one of the lead roles in the show), a mother of Bart, Lisa and Meggie and Homer's rational wife. Her character is very interestng (I mean, Marge) and her acting skills are not bad. She had a guest appearance in 'Dr Dollitle', where she played a pigeon!
  • What a great actress.

What a talented actress who is Julie Kavner. I really dont know much about her except for the fact that she does Marge Simpson, Patt & Selma on The Simpsons. I herd though she was in the movie Click which I will see when it comes on DVD or TV.

If there is one thing that upsets me is that she won\'t let people see her recording her voices on The Simpsons but im not taking any points off for that. Go Julie.