Julie Sommars

Julie Sommars Fan Reviews (1)

• Julie Sommars is an accomplished actress of movies and television, although the large body of her work was for the small screen. She is best known for her roles as Jennifer Jo Drinkwater in "The Governor and J.J." and Julie March in "Matlock".

My first encounter with Julie Sommars was as J.J. in "The Governor and J.J.". As a child, I thought she was beautiful and loved her portrayal as the outspoken but loveable J.J. I continued to enjoy her performances in the movies and periodically caught her guest performance in one of the many television shows to which she lent her talent. But my favorite character is Julie March in Matlock. Ms. Sommars was even more beautiful at this age than I had seen her before (confirming my life-long wish to be a redhead). Her craft as an actress had matured and I enjoyed the subtleties of her facial expressions, vocal inflections (a lovely, honeyed voice) and body language as she interacted with the wonderful Andy Griffith and other characters on that show. I'm sure Ms. Sommars is enjoying her retirement and finding fulfillment in other pursuits, but I, for one, miss her...