Kate Walsh

Forums: Kate Walsh Board: Kate Walsh Quips & Quotes

mackymacaspac

[1]Jun 19, 2009
    • level: 78

TV.com has set a ceiling on the number of quotes that can be submitted to an editorless guide to ten (10). I've set mine to fifteen (15). If you think your potential quote submission is more interesting and/or more up-to-date, PM me first before replacing any existing quote on the guide.

I've transferred some of the excess quotes from the Quotes Section of the guide. Please feel free to add on quotes to this thread.

Kate
    : (after learning about having her own spin-off series) I definitely like writing down goals, where I want to be, how I imagine it. But... I didn't write down I'd like my own spin-off.

Kate: (on kissing both McDreamy and McSteamy, her onscreen partners in "Grey's Anatomy") It's not a bad way to make a living.

Kate: (her thoughts on the season two finale of "Grey's Anatomy") When I watched the season finale, I was a little disturbed by it. I thought the Derek and Meredith love scene was sort of like, 'You (the audience) got what you wanted. How do you feel about it?' Because it was so great, but it was also like eating a whole pie and a Haagen-Dazs. You feel a little sick.

Kate: (on why women are attracted to McDreamy and McSteamy, her onscreen partners in "Grey's Anatomy") Besides being good-looking and sexy, McDreamy and McSteamy fulfill the fantasy of women. We're socialized almost at a pre-natal age to marry a doctor, so there is something in the white coat that says, 'He'll listen to me and he'll heal me'.

Kate: (on the "Grey's Anatomy" fans' reaction to her character, Addison) The only thing I would get was, 'We love the show but we're rooting for Meredith'. But now I hear more of, 'It's so funny…we hated you and now we love you.'

Kate: (on why she thinks "Grey's Anatomy" fans like Addison) Even if fans want Derek to be with Meredith, they sympathize with Addison. She's just like every woman struggling to make a relationship work.

Kate: (her take on the Shepherd/Meredith love triangle on "Grey's Anatomy") It's a very realistic portrayal of what would actually happen if somebody cheated on their spouse and tried to work it out. Everybody initially says, 'Of, if anybody ever cheated on me, I'd dump them immediately and leave'. Realistically, you try to save the relationship.

Kate: (on her "Grey's Anatomy" character, Addison becoming more likeable) The writers do a great job of showing more of who Addison is. She comes in as the evil vixen and gradually becomes more humanized. It was fun to come in playing the wicked witch from the east, all in black, red lips and Prada - the nemesis. They wanted to make her three-dimensional, not just this stereotypical TV cow.

Kate: I think it's important to show that I have a lot of audiences and fans that are young girls and teenagers too who are, like, hey, this is what life can be. It doesn't have to be just one way, or a cookie-cutter way. You don't have to be young and anorexic or with the hottest guy or married or whatever. There's lots of different ways you can be.

Kate: I don't think anyone gets married thinking that they will get divorced. We certainly did not. Alex and I still care for each other, and I wish him nothing but the best. The silver lining to this, however, is that I have a wonderful family and a great group of friends who really showed their support and encouragement, and for that I am truly grateful.

Edited on 06/28/2009 4:23pm
    Edited 3 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.